How would you feel?

My husband, I love him so much.
He doens't like reality TV at all, but he watches Survivior. However, he has always asked me please watch this with me, and everytime I watch it and then slowly get interested, and like sharing that with him.
But, now it's coming to Design Star and Project Runway and he has no interest. Nor is he willing to give it a chance.
Would you say screw you on your shows, from now on i'm not watching any new shows with you or would you be ok with him not givng them a chance?

Sillylins

Asked by Sillylins at 3:11 PM on Jul. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• That really bites. Im lucky not to be married ( no offense). Have you tried having a movie night once a week so you two can still have time to chill and relax without having problems with what the other will or will not watch. Pick two different movies. Or just get two seperate tvs where you both can watch whatever you want.
    Tara792

Answer by Tara792 at 3:35 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I would be okay with it.. I think relationships are valuable and you choose your battles. If you want to address it go for the real issue you feel neglected or like hes not willing to make sacrafices for you that you do for him. The shows are like the symptoms of something else thats bothering you.. so thats what you need to address or your going to get in a petty argument with no solution and just end up hurt and mad.
    MommaB30

Answer by MommaB30 at 3:13 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I'd be okay with him not giving them a chance, but that's me and we have two televisions. My husband doesn't get my obsession with Deadliest Catch.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 3:14 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• i'd be ok with it ,,, but if you really dont like to watch something then this is what I do ,,,, my hubby likes me to sit and watch sports with him i dont like sports ,,, so I sit but I say can you massage my legs or my feet or butt lol and then he says ok. so there I am watching sports and loving every min of it . I don't make him watch my shows but for some reason he gets into them , I just leave and say dont bother me im going to watch my shows ,,, and here he comes ... lol
    barrerajuls

Answer by barrerajuls at 4:25 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I can and only will speak for myself.

I would be okay with him not giving them a chance/watching them with me. I decide to watch things with my husband even if I don't like them for the time/experience of doing something with him. I do not expect him to do the same in return. I do it because of how it makes me feel not for what I think I should get in return.. So him choosing to not do that with me for whatever reason would be okay with me.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:22 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• It doesn't bother me. If there is something on that the other doesn't want to watch we just record it to watch later. I'm pretty lucky though, DH watches So You Think You Can Dance with me, lol.
    katiemomNY

Answer by katiemomNY at 10:59 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• pick your battels. Is it really that big of a deal?
    notjstasocermom

Answer by notjstasocermom at 4:37 PM on Jul. 12, 2011