Do or did your kids do this?

My 16 month old has gotten into the habit of gagging himself. I don't know why he does it but it kinda freaks me out a little. Is this normal?

cmgIII

Asked by cmgIII at 3:11 PM on Jul. 12, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• No, not that. Can I recall. They had enough with their throwing themselves on the floor when mad! Now our 3 Grand babies did or do that!!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 3:16 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• yes all my boys went through that phase and thought it was quite funny.
    MomOfDagJag

Answer by MomOfDagJag at 3:18 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Ds thought that was the coolest thing at that age. He also laughs until he hiccups, then ends up gagging on his hiccups. Goofy kid.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 3:22 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Thanks! I'm glad it's not just mine. He started doing it the other day with a pickle....I thought, 'I know that doesn't feel good' but he kept doing it anyways....
    cmgIII

Comment by cmgIII (original poster) at 5:19 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• DD has done that off and on for the better part of 6 or 8 months. Drives me absolutely nuts.
    katiemomNY

Answer by katiemomNY at 10:57 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• My DS did that from about 5 months to about 9 months with his fist. He would start coughing and look up at us like "well why did you let that happen?!?!" My Pedi said it was about the rooting instinct. Drove me and his babysitter absolutely nuts. My friends thought it was the cutest thing ever...

baquick

Answer by baquick at 2:16 PM on Jul. 13, 2011