Is imitation the best form of flattery?

This is an opinion based question - just thought I would get some thoughts. Has someone close to you ever "copied" something about you - hair, car, clothes or even your childs name? Give me your thoughts and any examples :)

holls85

Asked by holls85 at 3:18 PM on Jul. 12, 2011 in Just for Fun

Level 2 (-73 Credits)
  • my mother wants to copy my tattoo and it isn't flattering at all to me... it is pissing me off
    MomOfDagJag

Answer by MomOfDagJag at 3:20 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• My roommate from college used to copy me all the time. Anytime I got some new item of clothing she would say "oh I like that, where did you get it?" and then next thing I knew she had gone out and bought the same thing. It happened with a pair of plaid shorts, a black sweater, a pair of shoes, a jacket and a dress. It was so annoying! She also ended up buying the same comforter I had gotten for my bed (she had bought one to use, but then decided she like mine better).

Answer by missanc at 3:21 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I depends on what it is... Something are meant to be original (Like a tattoo or baby name) other things are meant to be shared(like recipes or party ideas!)
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:21 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I woudl not think so.. I would find imitation a bit creepy! And flattery seems a bit insencere to me
    MommaB30

Answer by MommaB30 at 3:23 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I had a friend once(no longer!) who started copying so much of my decorating styles and how I dressed. Like for instance, I put pumpkins all over my mantle for fall, and that particular fall, she went out and bought a bunch of pumpkins and did the same. Ok, whatever.... She was never one to dress very stylish and she started buying things that were not what she normally wore, it was my style. She even started wearing thongs, because I always did....It was so many little things that drove me crazy!!!! It is very flattering if someone said they liked something, do you care if I do/buy one too. But, she took it to the extreme!!!
    AngieBry

Answer by AngieBry at 3:29 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• It's hard to be original when people imitate you - I recently came up with that. I'll try to make my situation short - I recently chopped my hair. At least three people I know chopped theirs after mine and even admitted they did it because they saw my hair. Wouldn't bother as much if they constantly changed their look (like I do) but one of them has had the same hair style, color and length since I met her (five years ago). This honestly bothered me - she also says she wants to get the same vehicle as me too. I am all about being original and really hate it when I do something out of the ordinary and someone else does it too. Just wanted to get some opinions and vent a little :)
    holls85

Comment by holls85 (original poster) at 3:35 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I don't like copy cats
    littlekitty2002

Answer by littlekitty2002 at 12:51 PM on Jul. 13, 2011