Does anyone have any holiday dessert ideas?

yummy and not as common as most. I want to wow the inlaws

Fallon_Long

Asked by Fallon_Long at 2:59 PM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Holidays

• Torte cake is always a good one and the sugar cookies with the chocolate kisses, although you'll probably be eating just the sugar cookie after the little ones pick off the kiss:)
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 3:02 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Yes,Because there are so much junk food in most of the Christmas parties I've gone,i decided to bring fresh fruits.Mix 2 cans of chunk pineapple,(save juice)2 can of madarines,(save juice)green grapes,cherries(wash cheries),banannas ,and walnuts.You can preparer ahead,just add bananas,cheries,and walnuts few minutes before serving.Save 1 1/2 cup of juice from the fruit can,make vanillla pudding(not instant),cook with juice,wich can also be add before serving.Put in a nice clear glass container.i hope you like it
    oracao

Answer by oracao at 4:17 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I am making: Sweet Potatoe Pie, Peppermint Candy Cane Cheesecake, Candy cane Peppermint Trifle( chocolate cake with whipped cream and crushed candy cane in layers), and cholcolate peppermint cupcakes.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 4:40 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Truffles, homemade

they are delicious

all u need is oreos, cream cheese, and chocolate....so easy... email me for recipe...
    ataxiachic88

Answer by ataxiachic88 at 9:14 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• it may be typical, but a layered red velvet cake with decorative xmas candy pieces sprinkled on top always wows the crowd!
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 10:04 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Look for the Terramisu (sp?) recipe on the box of Nilla Wafers--we make it without the coffee and it is excellent:-) We use mini chocolate chips instead of shaving the chocolate. My daughter found it and we have made it several times and people really like it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Chocolate eclair cake, so yummy and easy to make because theres no baking!!
    ccole2688

Answer by ccole2688 at 2:04 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• btw, its key that you let it sit over night!
    ccole2688

Answer by ccole2688 at 2:05 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I make a cherry cheesecake that is too good to be true and it is so simple! It is actually a recipe I got from the Philly Cream Cheese box many years ago and they still print them I think.

Philly 3-STEP Cheesecake
    Mix 2 (8oz.) pkgs. Philly cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar, and 1/2 tsp. vanilla with electric mixer until well-blended (smooth). Add 2 eggs and mix again until well-blended.
    Pour into 9" ready to use graham cracker crumb crust.
    Bake at 350*F for 40 minutes or until center is almost set.
    Cool. Refrigerate 3 hours or overnight.
    I add a can of cherry pie filling as the topping, but you can do strawberries or blueberries, if you want.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:07 AM on Dec. 22, 2008