Is this inappropriate?

Im 19 years old and Im married and I have a 16 month old dd I just got back in touch with some of my old friends from school and they want me to go out to clubs with them.... my husband says thats not what married women do without their husbands so if I dont go without him thats inappropriate

HBU? do you go out with your girls without your husband to clubs? or is that inappropriate for a married women like he said

KColeman90

Asked by KColeman90 at 3:32 PM on Jul. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• I don't go out to clubs with my friends, I do think it's inappropriate for a married woman to go there without their husband. I do meet my gfriends for dinner and drinks, and once/year we go to the beach for a weekend - but we don't go out clubbing.

Answer by missanc at 3:33 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I dont.. I go out with my girlfriends to movie, dinner, or something like that.. but certainly not a club.. I would not want my husband there - but more importantly. If your husband is not ok with it.. out of respect for your spouse..t hats where the question stops.. you would expect the same from him.
    MommaB30

Answer by MommaB30 at 3:33 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I think there needs to be balance. One time you may go by yourself, the next with him. I think it is important for moms to have girl time and I think it's important for have time together as a couple, without their child/children. It's all about balance.
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 3:33 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• If he can go out without you, then you can go without him. Sounds more like he doesn't trust you.

And club or no club, you should go out with your friends.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:33 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Personally I haven't gone out to clubs in a very long time, I'm only 28. But it's definitely not b/c I'm married, or b/c he doesn't want me too, I quit going long before I met him. IFI wanted to go I would
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 3:34 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I'm going to go where I want to go, this isn't 1902.

It'd be one thing if you went without him and came home after last call stupid drunk all the time, but it's perfectly appropriate to go, have a nice time and a few drinks with your friends and come home relatively sober at a decent time of night.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 3:41 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• We need to be able to go out with friends. He's been to strip clubs without me and I've been to a few bars without him. I've even taken two trips to the beach without him and he's been to the beach without me. It's all about trust.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 3:42 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• i do not think that it's inappropriate for a married woman to go to a club without her husband IF you are just dancing by yourself and with your girlfriends. you are 19 years old!!! of course you wanna go!! the only way that i would say it's inappropriate is if hubby wants to go with you and you're telling him that he can't. but in my case, my husband never wants to go out to a club with me. a club is pretty much the only place you can find really decent dance music. that's why i go to a club every once in a while with my bff because my husband would never go with me AND i absolutely love to dance. he was like your husband at first but once he saw how happy it made me to go out dancing with my friend, he said it didn't bother him anymore. maybe he'll come around....but no, i don't think it's inappropriate. it's only inappropriate if you make it so by doing things you shouldn't be doing...IE cheating or grinding up on guys
    pmg1030

Answer by pmg1030 at 3:44 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• i mean...girls just wanna have fun, right?? ;-)
    pmg1030

• i cannot even fathom why my answers and others would be voted down....
    pmg1030

Answer by pmg1030 at 3:50 PM on Jul. 12, 2011