My son has a rash on his legs after his imunization is that normal?

Yesterday my son went and had his 4 month check up and imunizations this morning i noticed a fine bumpy rash all over both legs from knee to hip........

MzKemper

Asked by MzKemper at 3:37 PM on Jul. 12, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• What vax was it?
    Anonymous

• rota which was oral DTaP, Hib, PCV, IPV 2 injections 1 in each leg
    MzKemper

Comment by MzKemper (original poster) at 3:51 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• When my little girl got her 4 month shots she never got a rash like that, just a big red place on her thigh about the size of a fifty cent piece, it went away in about a week.
    Sarah662

Answer by Sarah662 at 3:58 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• The PCV vaccine *can* have a mild side effect of a rash. I am surprised they didn't tell you! Next time I would be asking them what possible side effects to look for! Make sure to let them know next time he did get the rash.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:38 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I called his pedi they said it was normal and to put a cold compress on his legs and he must have had an alergic reaction to both the shots cause he got the rash in both his thighs it doesn't seem to bother him and he has no fever so I will just watch him close and make sure he doesn't get any worst thank you ladies
    MzKemper

Comment by MzKemper (original poster) at 9:03 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I was wondering if your childs rash went away? My son is 2 months and got a rash, his doctor said it was a heat rash (which I do not think that is what it is, it looks like an allergic reaction). Not only did he get this rash but he has a lump where the shot was administered, its not red or above the skin but still worries me. He got his shots on July 20th and the rash is still there.
    LoveMalik

Answer by LoveMalik at 12:36 AM on Jul. 28, 2011