Do you ever feel like....

Your MIL is trying to get you out of the picture? add because she's not succeeding she's enlisting help from others? or do I just sound paranoid?

traren

Asked by traren at 3:37 PM on Jul. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• My in laws tried to talk my dh out of marrying me. My to be FIL told my to be dh that he should marry someone who would be an asset to him instead of a liability. I did not get a 4 yr college degree and did not come from money....My to be MIL did not want dh to marry me for the same reasons plus the fact that I did not want children at the time. My SIL was upset at me for taking her brother from her(she is younger and was still living at home). It has been one thing after another since we were married 9 yrs ago! So no it is not your imagination!! In laws are a royal PAIN!!!
    AngieBry

Answer by AngieBry at 3:47 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• and I thought I was the only one with outlaws from hell!
    2boysnaprincess

Answer by 2boysnaprincess at 4:08 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I dont have a MIL, due to my dh childhood however, I see plenty of ladies on here that seem to feel that way also!
    MommaB30

Answer by MommaB30 at 3:38 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I'd rather be related to outlaws than inlaws :) just a little joke. But mine are awesome!
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 3:39 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Mine is the same way.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 3:44 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• My MIL is just fine to me. My FIL on the other hand has never liked me. Oh well!
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 5:08 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• My former MIL was extraordinarily overbearing. She made my life a living hell especially after I had my first son. She even goes so far (STILL and he's 16 now!) to say that God made me the capsule and that she's the real mom of him. Drives me nuts. I wish I would have been stronger back then but unfortunately I was gutless & she usually got her way. Now, however, she has backed off at least for the most part, except for her still telling me, every single time I see her, that my son is really her son. It's actually kinda frightening!
    KaleidoCurlz

Answer by KaleidoCurlz at 7:53 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I havent had any issues with my MIL to be :)
    RigPrincess85

Answer by RigPrincess85 at 8:41 PM on Jul. 12, 2011