I couldn't do it....could you?

A friend of mine and her husband have two children that are in school. She works full time and he does not. He has held various jobs that go no where. He is certainly able to hold a job. He quit one because he said the boss did not like him. He was fired from one for cussing the boss out. He quit another because he did not like the hours. He quit a third because he said it was to far to drive. There have been several others. They cannot afford for him not to work. On top of all this...he spends lots of time at the bar and lots of money on alcohol and cigarettes. The kids go to daycare even though he is home. Now that it is summer they are in a summer daycamp. Right before quitting his last job he got a nice new car. Now he wants his wife to trade in her car so they can save money.

She is actually doing it. I would have chosen to save money by having him stay home with the kids if he refuses to work. He also refuses to do any housework. The house is always a mess. She still has to cook and stuff when she gets home.

I just couldn't deal.... could you>

Shaken1976

Asked by Shaken1976 at 4:15 PM on Jul. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• No way. Sounds like she knows how to pick a winner.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 4:17 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I would save money by dumping his ass on the corner.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 4:18 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I'd tell him to suck it up and get/keep a job or I'd kick him out...she's obviously able to make it w/out his income or take the kids and go!
    starlight1968

Answer by starlight1968 at 4:19 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I wouldn't put up with that! Laziness is one of the most unattractive qualities in a man. I have nothing against stay at home dads, if they pull their weight at home while the mom is at work. He could at least clean and do that stuff while trying to find a job
    Bluebird8874

Answer by Bluebird8874 at 4:19 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I wouldn't tolerate it. A marriage is supposed to be about working as a team and doing what's best as a family.

Grungalax

Answer by Grungalax at 4:19 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Oh hell no! He would be getting rid of HIS car or he would be out the door. He sounds VERY immature and needs a serious wake up call.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 4:21 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• wow- i would put him out of my house for sure. he is dead weight. what a loser.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 4:22 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• nope
    notjstasocermom

Answer by notjstasocermom at 4:23 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Hell to the no.!! EithEr he got his shit together or i would leave his lazy ass!!
    lizzie_8690

Answer by lizzie_8690 at 4:25 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Geez we must have the same friend!! I couldn't, but I tell her every single time she complains to me to give him the boot, and she's preggo again!1 It's her own fault now.
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 4:25 PM on Jul. 12, 2011