How do you distinguish between presents?

Last year we did different wrapping paper for each child and then a different paper for santa and then a different paper for everything else. This year (because my son can read the names for us) we used one paper for all the presents except the Santa stuff which has it's own paper.

JalynnMarie407

Asked by JalynnMarie407 at 3:01 PM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Holidays

• I've always used tags, and haven't ever heard of doing it with shapes or numbers either. To each her own I guess. Part of what I enjoy is the wrapping and decorating of presents, everything has to match just right even if no one notices, I do. I love wrapping supplies and usually have way too many each year. Lots of stuff to choose from, so the presents under the tree look nice collectively.

This will be the first year Santa is wrapping a present, and it will be the only gift in that paper - I plan on sneaking the paper out and just tossing it when I'm done with wrapping. Normally if its big enough, it gets a big bow only. Santa's gifts always come with big bows.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 3:25 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I put tags on presents. you write in the To spot who it's for, then it says From and I either write Santa or who ever else the present is from.
    Anonymous

• My friend has thress kids and she puts shapes on them....the oldest has a square on all his, the middle triangle and the youngest circle...yaddyyaddy
    Fallon_Long

Answer by Fallon_Long at 3:11 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• My mother n law numbers all her presents and writes it down so she doesnt forget , like 1 Mark. 2 pap, 3 MJ you get the pic. It seems to work really well for her.
    determind

Answer by determind at 3:11 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• i thought it was normal to put tags on it ... lol? i never heard about shapes and numbers and colors for gifts?
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 3:14 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I just wrap them and put tags with To:/From: on them if it's to somebody specifically, mostly though the children share everything and we don't really place names on it because every toy and item belongs to everybody.

Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 3:25 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Ginger - why throw away all that paper? Why not put it up for next yr from Santa? That's what I do.

As for how I distiniguish, I just use tags.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 3:31 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• As I began wrapping gifts this year, I noticed that I was out of name tags. Since the only things I have wrapped so far are for my two sons, I used themed wrapping paper for each child. (snowmen and santa for the younger one, gold and red for the older) It also keeps the older boy from trying to sneak a peak at his gifts, because he doesn't know which are his yet. :)
    NatureGrl25

Answer by NatureGrl25 at 3:39 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• different paper really works
    oracao

Answer by oracao at 4:22 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• my soncan read so we put codenames on them lol
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 4:38 PM on Dec. 17, 2008