Is it tacky?

Is it tacky to give hand me downs that look brand new as a baby shower gift?

Jenn5142

Asked by Jenn5142 at 4:23 PM on Jul. 12, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• it depends on your relationship with the person. if it is family or a real close friend then no- but if it is an acquaintance yes.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 4:24 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• As long as they are clean and unstained, I don't see a problem, babies don't really stain their clothes and they get so little use out of them that they can look new through several babies.
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 4:42 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• as long as nobody knows! i would do it
    prettynpink343

Answer by prettynpink343 at 5:00 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I wouldn't give them as a gift at a shower, wrapped up in wrapping paper. I'd pass them along casually, telling her that they were great hand-me-downs that you hope she'll enjoy using.
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 7:48 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I agree, if it's casual then no issue but I wouldn't try to pass them off as brand new or anything. If there aren't any tags, they'll know!
    MommyofTwo331

Answer by MommyofTwo331 at 10:15 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Probably not, I'd just give them to her on your own time...I had someone do that to me and my baby shower and they were all very used and you could tell, It was embarressing to me. So i wouldn't reccomend it.
    Proudnewmommy11

Answer by Proudnewmommy11 at 2:00 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I gave a friend of a friend a lot of my youngest son's baby clothes. I had like three trash sacks of them. I gave them to her and her husband at my house, then I handed them the small brand new gift. I don't think there is anything wrong with it, but you might want to ask them if they want them first. Some people are not into used clothing.
    Mrs.B3

Answer by Mrs.B3 at 2:23 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I have done it, if they are not stained and look new I do not see the big deal.
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 5:01 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• if they are not stained, then i don't see why not. i mean you're helping them out still
    B00boo

Answer by B00boo at 8:20 AM on Jul. 14, 2011