Doc appointment....

This isnt a question, just wanted to share. Went to the doctor today for my 39 week check up. They ended up doing a NST because baby has not been as active and everything turned out fine. They checked my cervix and nothing has changed from when they checked 3 weeks ago. Next Tuesday is my due date and next doctor appointment. They are going to do an u/s to check fluid levels and what not and check my cervix again. If baby has enough fluid and nothing has changed with my cervix then they are gonna wait another week before discussing induction. Which I liked because they arent going to try and force baby out sooner. I'm a little stressed because I might have to go through labor and delivery alone but other than that all is well. Just wanted to share with everyone :) Hopefully baby will be ready soon and come on his own.

SMG1120

Asked by SMG1120 at 4:31 PM on Jul. 12, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Well glad you had a good appt....Hope all stays well for you momma.....I hope you don't have to go through labor alone!
    3angels23

Answer by 3angels23 at 4:34 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Hope you do not get induced and you do not have to go through it alone
    roxy0522

Answer by roxy0522 at 4:36 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Sounds like maybe you could use some help, support, info, encouragement~~

Have you been having a healthy pregnancy?
    (fetal movement, NST, VE 3 weeks ago)

What kind of a birth experience do you want?
    Is this your first baby?
    Why alone?

Avoiding unnecessary interventions (especially big ones like induction) are healthier and safer.
    This starts with avoiding the littler unnecessary interventions (that lead to the bigger unnecessary ones) like cervix checking and ultrasounds.

You have the opportunity now to make Informed Consent.
    Prepare all your questions to make your choices, work for the birth you want, not what is more convenient for others.

Lots of help available!
    :-)

doulala

Answer by doulala at 8:22 PM on Jul. 12, 2011