My daughter is always spitting?

how do i get her to stop completely? she will stop when i tell her to but will just do it again later on.

mcr17

Asked by mcr17 at 4:40 PM on Jul. 12, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• lol my 2 yr old is going through this also, its a phase, not much ya can do...I'm always saying STOP SPITTING! : )
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 4:45 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• lol I'm not sure
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 4:46 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• it drives me crazy, its not just saliva she spits out, if she has food or juice or something in her mouth she does it too.
    mcr17

Comment by mcr17 (original poster) at 4:47 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Yea, not much at all. My 2yr old son does the same. lol! It got more frequent when he realized how to make it project!!toddler boy

LittlesMom549

Answer by LittlesMom549 at 4:57 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Gross but totally normal. My son has his food in his mouth and points at his mouth and tells me "Mom what's this". I say "It's used to be spaghetti". Kids love to play with the food and when discover that saliva is something they can play is a non-stop. But as any of us children will eventually have to learn social norms.
    Cafemomoftwo217

Answer by Cafemomoftwo217 at 5:03 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• my son is 3 and still spits. He even taught his younger brother who is 9months so they both think it is cool to have a spitting contest and see who can get each other wet with the most spit. But when my 3 year old does and i tell him to stop he just keeps doing it so i tell him do it again and your mouth will get a slap. Not a hard slap but just enough to get the message to stop it. For me it is not gettng any where considering my 9month old does it too and my older son has to join. But it may work for you
    2boysyahoo.com

Answer by 2boysyahoo.com at 5:09 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Glad to know it isn't just my daughter. She is 2 as well and is about to drive me crazy. Hopefully she will grow out of it soon.
    other_mother

Answer by other_mother at 5:12 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Ah, my DD does this too & she's 21 months old. I'm always saying stop spitting lol. Drives me insane but there's nothing you can do.
    Bubbles_mommy

Answer by Bubbles_mommy at 5:47 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• My DD went through a big spitting phase, mostly with her water and milk. We used timeouts.
    katiemomNY

Answer by katiemomNY at 10:56 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• theres not much you can do
    B00boo

Answer by B00boo at 10:02 AM on Jul. 13, 2011