Does Anxiety or Poor Self Image ever cause (or has in the past caused) you to turn good impressions people have of you into bad ones?

I suppose this is a pretty loaded question. I just wanted to know if I was alone or not in this. I seem to subtly want to sabatoge it when anyone at all shows that they care for or believe in me. I was programmed by my father from a very young age to think that I was worth nothing, so when someone tells me I'm "something," or starts to want to be around me, I run from it. It's like my heart craves for someone to care but I won't allow anyone to! Does anyone else know what I mean or am I the lone ranger??? :

KaleidoCurlz

Asked by KaleidoCurlz at 4:42 PM on Jul. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• ohhhh girl...welcome to my world. i thought u were talkin bout me when u asked that. lol yes i feel that was as well. i feel because that i am so hard on myself, whether it be just doing something or even appearence, i shoot them down. my main thing is how i look. i am no where near model material, but yet my bf loves me for how i look. i still find it odd that someone can love me for me, but yet i can't even find anything good to say about myself. i know how it is with the parent situation as well. hearing negative comments all the time is hard. for me it was my mom. nothing was ever good enuff and still isn't. i just try to take it day by day. if u ever needta chat send me a message!!!
    goofygalno1

Answer by goofygalno1 at 4:47 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• this is a very good question & deep....yes I can relate with you some what it's like when someone compliments you & you just can't take it, or know how to take i,t because you think or feel different or not used to positivity or self worth type thing....BUMP : )
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 4:50 PM on Jul. 12, 2011