My baby girl is 6months old, how much longer should i breastfeed?

how much longer do you all think i should breast feed? i have introduced her to rice cereal and she seems to like i...the oatmeal, not so much...so what is your thoughts?

HappyHmsklNapps

Asked by HappyHmsklNapps at 4:44 PM on Jul. 12, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• As long as its going well, like it is for us. Our DD is 6 mo as well. We're going to let her decide when she's done :) She's also started solids, including veggies and fruits.
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 4:46 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• As long as you and she are willing. The benefits last even through the second year! Any breast milk is better than no breast milk so if you are ready to stop then don't feel bad doing so. If you are your child are still comfortable with it then I would continue at least to 1 year.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:46 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• As long as you can stand it, it is the best thing for her even if you are introducing other foods. My 1st I breastfed for 7 months and my 2nd 17 months.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 4:47 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• At least till she is 1 yr. Breast milk is so much healthier & cheaper, she will need either one till she is 12 months. If you can, I think 18 months great because of the health benefits.
    1northwestmom

Answer by 1northwestmom at 4:51 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• There is something in the breast milk that babies love. Even if the baby is starting solids I doubt that the baby will stop wanting to breastfeed. A child can go as long as he/she is allowed to BF. :)
    Cafemomoftwo217

Answer by Cafemomoftwo217 at 4:57 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• The benefits never stop for mommy or baby, so I'd say what the WHO, AAP and UNICEF suggest "Continue as long as it is mutually desired by both mother and child."
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 4:59 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• That's between you and your daughter.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 5:07 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• as long as you want to.. Its your baby. People have different opinions on what age to stop... i stopped at 5 months with both of my kids.. it was hard working when i had my daughter. i had to pump at work. i had her dad bring her up there so i could feed her. it was too much. With my son, he never seemed full on my milk. so i started formula..
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 5:23 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• As long as you feel is best for you and baby. I breastfed my kids to at least one year. But it is your body, your baby and your decision! 

good luck

ValMommy17

Answer by ValMommy17 at 8:15 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• as long as you can. My son is going on to 8 months soon and I wanted to stop, but I have it why don't I continue till he's 1? It's really up to you, if you are not exhausted and have the time you should stick with it.
    Amy2079

Answer by Amy2079 at 9:05 PM on Jul. 12, 2011