Annoying friend that visits every year. What to do?

My husband has a childhood friend who comes every year. And every year, they eat each and every meal out for four days, go golfing, boating, whatever and drink A LOT. It's like his free pass to come up here and go on a four day bender and act like an ass. By day two, my husband is tired out and although this guy chips in here and there, we pay for a lot (since he flies out here...not that I want to see him) including dinner, sitters and now we're waaaay broke and won't rebound for at least a month. It happens every year and my husband knows I'm annoyed. Not sure why our whole family needs to put up with this guy and my dh doesn't know how to tell this guy four days is too many or simply not to come up this year. He adds, if he goes to see him, the buddy will STILL want to come and visit up here and whoop it up. What can we say that isn't hurtful? How do you suggest two nights is more than enough with the way they act? ugh....I can't stand this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:10 PM on Jul. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• Your husband just needs to tell him, and he needs to be totally honest when he does. He can tell him that since he is now a married man with a family, he simply cannot afford the time nor the money to party for 4 days. If the guy gets mad, then so be it. There comes a time in every man's life when he needs to grow up and stop acting like an immature boob.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 5:17 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• when he visits again, sit him down and talk to him. tell him how you feel and how you want things to be. if he doesnt like what you say tell him tough sh*t.
    mcr17

Answer by mcr17 at 5:14 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Annoying, simply tell them you can come visit but only for a night or two as you have other plans (make something up) if ya can....or say you are all sick with the flu next time haha I know its lying but ya need a break! : ) Here is a bump also.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 5:15 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Do you have children? Inform him that they're not feeling well so you've booked a local motel for him to stay in, as you're concerned that your child is contagious.

It'll at least keep him out of your hair for four days!
    Anonymous

• Just tell him your finances really can't handle it. Be honest.
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 9:36 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Stop inviting him, or if he says "I'm coming _____" say sorry, we can't do it.
    Anonymous