Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

Is there any real free legal help??

I have some issues with my ex ( never been married), and can not afford a lawyer. When I asked about a state attorney, or public defender, I was told that is more for criminal matters. This is a real simple case has to do with declaring children on taxes, and I just want to make sure I am correct, but I can not pay a lawyer for this any suggestions? I am in fla.


Asked by angelx3 at 5:11 PM on Jul. 12, 2011 in Money & Work

Level 4 (44 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (4)
  • You can get a free or low cost consultation thru a referral from your local bar assoc. You can also contact your local university's law school to see if they can help. GL (*BTW - In OH the custodial parent usually gets to claim the children on their taxes)


    Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:14 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

  • I live in Miami they have something called legal aid in down town Miami, they are interns from law school and will work for free or little money. Look in the city where you live for this......

    Answer by older at 5:22 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

  • i will tell u..that if u happen to get ur tax forms before him claim them first. cuz either way...first come first serve. that is what i was always told. just make sure to file first. he can't do anything about it if u do.

    Answer by goofygalno1 at 5:19 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

  • BUMP

    Answer by sarasmommy777 at 5:20 PM on Jul. 12, 2011