How do u deal...

with someone that is so bitter all the time?

My mom for as long as I can remember has been so mad at the world for everything. All while growing up I can remember that she would be mad at either my dad for not making enough money, us not having "material" things, saying that she thought everyone was better than we were. It's like, how could you sit there and say that you love your kids and family when all that you ever say is negative crap?? I hate the fact that it is starting to rub off too. i guess cuz my bf has said i was starting to be like her and it's like, holy cow..i don't wanna be that way.
it's gotten even worse now...she has had several strokes and her speech has been affected. so she gets so mad n frustrated, which i understand. But she still blames doctors for everything, but would never try anything they would recommend due to her not trusting. my dad has been gone for 10yrs and she still blames him for leaving her when he passed away. I tell her that if he had the choice he would rather be here..so it's not his fault. but anyhoo...it just gets old and the griping...lol

goofygalno1

Asked by goofygalno1 at 5:12 PM on Jul. 12, 2011 in Just for Fun

• my mom was a very negative person, could never let go of the past and always angry plus she drank. It is very toxic and hard to deal with. I really don't have advice but I can tell you one thing when she died I felt a weight lifted from me. Don't get me wrong I loved her but the toxic part is not missed. I guess just avoid her is the best thing to do for now because you can't tell her you feel.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 5:18 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• yeah that sounds just like my mom too. i feel because she doesn't want to get any help it's like she's ready to go and I have been preparing myself for that for a long time. i am to the point i dunno if i will even cry when the time comes. i know it sounds bad....but yeah i feel how u do.
    goofygalno1

Comment by goofygalno1 (original poster) at 5:22 PM on Jul. 12, 2011