Anyone else?

My doctor says I am no where near ready to have this baby and I'm 39 weeks. I know my due date is accurate because I know when I conceived. I havent lost any piece of my mucus plug yet and I havent had any spotting. I'm having so many bh contractions, its not even funny. And I have really bad cramps. I lost my mucus plug a few weeks before my first was born. Is any of this normal? I mean to have all these bh contractions and cramps but no loss of mucus plug or spotting and that my cervix is just not preparing? I dont want to hear that a due date is just an estimate, I already know that. And I know baby will come when baby is ready. I just want to know if anyone else experienced this at 39 weeks and if its normal. What was your outcome?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:41 PM on Jul. 12, 2011 in Pregnancy

• With both of my kids i didnt lose my plug. some people dont. every pregnancy is different.. With my 1st i never dilated and i was having horrible braxton hicks too. One morning my water broke. You dont need to be dilated you dont need your plug to come out. the dr cant tell when your going to go into labor. The baby will come when it wants to

chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 6:02 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I never lost my mucus plug with my son. I also walked around for 2 weeks dilated 2 cm, so just because you dilate early doesn't mean labor is coming soon. Your baby will come when it's time and your body will do what it needs to do.
    asmcbride

Answer by asmcbride at 6:38 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• i lost my mucus plug about 2 hours after they scraped my membrains... if the baby is ready ask the doc to do this its painful very painful but it works.
    Meghan6391

Answer by Meghan6391 at 11:35 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• i was 40+ weeks when they did this. i would dialate and the baby was stressing. i was told with my son that u arent suppose to go 48 hours without the mucus plug in fear of infections.. this is weird.. all docs and midwifes are different. and my baby was born 2 yrs ago
    Meghan6391

Answer by Meghan6391 at 11:37 PM on Jul. 12, 2011