is it a wrong prayer?

Is it wrong to pray for earthly things? My DH prays to get a deer when he goes hunting, my little brother prays for good grades, etc.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:06 PM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• No I think its alright as long as you are praying from your heart. It doesnt mean you will get it. God will give you what you need, not always what you want.

Answer by gemgem at 3:10 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• yes and no.

maybe your DH should pray for better skills to get the deer and your little brother should pray for the ability to study better.

neither will just get something because they prayed for it, they'll still have to work for it.
    Anonymous

• i don't think that is wrong at all if god sees fit to give you those things and we also do your part like studying to get good grades.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 4:15 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I agree with anon!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 4:31 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Your DH can pray that the Lord help him focus while hes hunting, keep his mind clear, so that he can catcha deer. Your son can pray for the Holy Ghost to protect him from distractons that may cause him to stur him away from his studies.
    I can pray to God to give me a good marriage . But he wont give it to me. He will open up oportunites to be a good wife..therefore helping me improve my marriage.
    aMbeR012005

Answer by aMbeR012005 at 5:16 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• No. But I don't believe God will drop a bundle of cash in your lap simply because you asked for it. LOL. Wouldn't that be nice?? But HE will provide you with the skills or the resources needed to acquire whatever it is you're seeking.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 5:17 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Be careful what you pray for because you may get it...even if it's not the best for you. God treats us like children...when we nag, sometimes He gives it to us even if He has something better for us down the road.
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 5:26 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• There is a verse and I believe its in Ephisians. Says basically God will give you the desires of your HEART.
    jeepersscoobie

Answer by jeepersscoobie at 12:32 PM on Dec. 18, 2008