• In the Spotlight:

My Daughter Throws Up In the car??

okkk....My Daughter is 14 months when she was born she never threw up when she was 4-5 months she threw up her whole bottle...her pedtrician said she had acid reflex okkk...so when she was like 10 months we took her off of it she was fine in the past month when we are driving to the dr. or going to walmart or something she pukes && sometimes its alittle sometimes its alot....I mean then the rest of the day she is fine...So Is Car Sick Or Acid Reflex Again Or What?? Do You Have Any Advice About this Please Let Me Know Thanks!!

bestmommy88

Asked by bestmommy88 at 3:07 PM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I agree, it sounds like car sickness (motion sickness). Be sure to tell the pediatrician and ask for advice.

Answer by Bmat at 3:23 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• if she only vomits in the car, my guess would be car sickness.
    Anonymous

• Do you give her anything to eat or drink during the car ride? My little sister would throw up if she ate ice cream in the car. It does sound like car sickness to me though.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 3:38 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Is she making herself vomit? My son went through stage where he would make himself vomit by sticking his fingers down his throat. Very annoying, and disgusting, but he got over it after a bit.
    FAskew

Answer by FAskew at 3:49 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• How long is the drive to where you are going? My ds used to throw up on trips longer then 10 mins. We went to get his picture taken one day drove 35 mins and he got sick and threw up all over his clothes!! And then someone told me to turn his car seat around to forward facing, he was over a yr at this point. I did that and we can go anywhere now. If your child isn't old enough I don't recommend this.
    delta139

Answer by delta139 at 12:01 PM on Dec. 18, 2008