How do I know whats best for my daugher?

My daughter is about 2. Her father and I split up shortly after her first birthday! He has seen her MAYBE five times. He doesnt get her because I wanted a legal agreement stating when he gets her. We went to mediation and he finally agreed on a parenting plan which was supposed to be effective IMMEDIATLY!He never showed up to get her and hasnt really asked....he tells me this is my mess and my fault. I dont know if i should just leave him out of her life completely or when he does ask to see her let her go! i dont want to i just dont know HELP

M2B427

Asked by M2B427 at 6:05 PM on Jul. 12, 2011 in General Parenting

• Well, if her WERE really interested in seeing her (in my opinion), he would have been there when he was supposed to be.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 6:08 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• if he does not come all the time to get her. I would not let him come get her ever. JMO.

Answer by louise2 at 6:31 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Thanks! I feel guilty bc of my daughter! I dont want to be blamed later in life for her biological dad not being around! I dont know if I should just act like he never existed? or just be honest to her!
    M2B427

Comment by M2B427 (original poster) at 6:38 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I left my 1st dh when our kids were really little and we set up the family court agreement with mediation the whole 9 yards. he was even supposed to call at bedtime once a week. I tried to uphold my end and would even call him if the kids were sick. I gave up and put the ball in his court. he has totally checked out of their life and he only sees them when his mom forces him to. For christmas he gave each girl a lottery ticket and his mom yelled at him and it took her to get him to give each kid some cash. He is an ass and to top it off he lies to women saying I'm the one who rejected his calls and visits..the poor me thing to pull on the heart strings of women.
    anyway just leave the guy alone and move on there are better men out there and your child is young she won't remember him.
    Anonymous

• forget the bum. hopefully she will too!
    mubbie

Answer by mubbie at 7:15 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Thank you guys! YOu made me feel alot better about blocking him out completely!
    M2B427

Comment by M2B427 (original poster) at 7:18 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Sometimes people have legit reason for not showing up but if it gets to be a habit then you know somethings wrong..
    Sarah961

Answer by Sarah961 at 10:40 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• he texted me the saturday after he was supposed to get her...and said he cant be her dad anymore....
    M2B427

Comment by M2B427 (original poster) at 5:29 AM on Jul. 13, 2011