Anxiety?

About 3 hours ago I was falling asleep in my classroom, so I bought an engery drink from a vending machine at the college since coffee wasnt available. I took a few gulps and threw it away, which did the trick since I dont usually drink energy drinks.

Anywho, I'm at home now and I started to feel my heart beat a little harder not necessarily faster, and everything is bothering me a little more than usual, I feel like I have a lot to do today, which I don't. Just homework. Smells are everywhere, even my deodorant is bothering me.

I'm ALREADY laying down and relaxing, but what I feel like doing is laying down and relaxing.....I'm about 11 weeks pregnant.
I don't have an OB to call yet, I have to wait till I'm 5 months.

SO should I take myself to the ER, or just wait it out? Does anybody know what this is? I'm sure it had something to do with the few sips I drank. But I'm not 100%.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:15 PM on Jul. 12, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Sounds like the energy drink has gotten your heart rate up. No need to head to the ER. Drink some WATER! And try to stay away from caffeine. It can be dangerous for the baby unless your OB gives you the OK. Just drink lots of water... very important during pregnancy, take some deep breaths... and you should be fine.
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 6:25 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Drink some water and have some whole grain carbs. See if that helps. The hormones of early pregnancy can make you feel fluttery and short of breath, and those energy drinks are enough to do that, as well. If you lay down, hydrate and don't feel better soon, give the doc a page.

If you would like to keep having caffiene, then you should stick with 1 small cup of coffee or tea per day. There is a limit, and you don't want too much in the system for the baby. Stay away from the energy drinks. They really aren't good for anyone, especially pregnant women.

I hope you feel so much better soon, mama.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 6:30 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• It sounds like you've got morning sickness if certain smells are making you sick. Try to lay off on the energy drinks and drink more water. I hate water myself, but I forced it down my throat when I was pregnant 6 years ago. Right about where you are, I had morning sickness too. I couldn't eat anything with tomatoes or I'd get sick. Good luck!
    leomommy1325

Answer by leomommy1325 at 6:34 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• All sounds normal with the first trimester. Your body is conserving water to increase your blood supply, therefore your heart is going to have to work a little harder to pump that extra blood around. Of course, feeling tired is also normal and so is sensitivity to smells. I'm also 11 weeks pregnant and am extremely sensitive to certain tastes and smells. I've changed deodorant, toothpaste and even thrown out all of our air fresheners.
    Take it easy, your body is going through a lot with that little one inside. I would also try to get a different obgyn. 5 months is too long to wait in my opinion. You should be checked out before the end of you first trimester,
    e_room_steph

Answer by e_room_steph at 8:22 PM on Jul. 12, 2011