IF you could have been born in any other time period when would you choose?

I've always been fascinated by the Victorian/Edwardian time period. Everything from the homes to the dress to the way they ran their relationships etc.  I just love everything about it. .  I tell my husband all the time that we were both born in the wrong era, because we really love things from way past. Our home actually reflects this.  :D 

This is just for fun, of course.....I believe we are here now for a reason, but thinking about it is fun, if I could have chosen when I was born.  I would have chosen that time period.  (and I'm getting low on questions I haven't seen already).

KellyGirl_TX

Asked by KellyGirl_TX at 6:23 PM on Jul. 12, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Depression era.... I know it was hard but families appreciated each other and what they had. People did not rely on technology they relied on each other. Work was honest and hard, people were grateful for even the tiniest things. Families were self-sufficient. I just appreciate the older generations for everything and the values that they attempted to pass on.

amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 6:27 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I would love to have been born when Jesus walked the earth. To have gotten to actually listen to Him teach,and learn from Him firsthand, would just be remarkable,and better than anything I could imagine. Oh,and to anon, I was a kid in the 70's. Love Three's Company, I can remember when it came on the air, and all the contraversey around it. It's still a classic, though. The 70's rocked, or I guess I should say discoed! LOL.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 6:55 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I like the 70s- everytime I watch threes company I wish I was born in that era & things were much simpler back then
    Anonymous

• I would have liked to have been on a wagon train crossing the plains in the mid 1800's.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 9:05 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• @amazinggrace83-SO TRUE!! I agree completely! I really look up to my great grandparents/grandparents for the kind of people they are, their morals, their toughness and I really wish I felt that in America still today. Yes, so very true!!
    KellyGirl_TX

Comment by KellyGirl_TX (original poster) at 6:32 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Correction-I meant simple
    Anonymous