Signs of labor...

Are there any "signs" of labor I should be looking for that would occur during the first few days before you actually go into labor? Such as, more or less baby activity, sharp pains, pelvic pain, etc. Just curious. :) Thanks!!

Tarrar

Asked by Tarrar at 6:36 PM on Jul. 12, 2011 in Pregnancy

• with my daughter nothing.. i woke up one morning went to the bathroom, went back in and laid down and swoosh my water broke.. All i was having were braxton hicks. i wasn't dilated, didn't loose my plug....with my son i didnt go into labor. planned c section :)

chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 6:38 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Yes/no. LOL! There are signs that labor is coming - but it could mean weeks or minutes. Baby dropping, contractions (some women have prodromal labor for WEEKS - I did, it is contractions but they don't do much of anything), lose the mucus plug.

I think for the most part - bloody show usually means labor is imminent, but many women get the bloody show after they already KNOW they are in labor.

All of the stuff you mentioned means you are getting closer - but closer just means closer - not imminent. :D Hang in there. There last few weeks/days are the HARDEST!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 6:39 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Signs you'll go into labor.....eventually are cramps, contractions, loss of mucus plug, bloody show, baby dropping. But like mentioned above these could happen any where from a few weeks before to a day or right before. With my daughter the only sign that I was going into labor eventually was losing my plug. Then 3 weeks later I sat on the couch and it felt like I peed my pants, it was my water breaking. I'm 39 weeks now with my 2nd and I've had cramps and bh contractions for about 2 weeks now. I havent lost my plug yet or had bloody show or anything else. But obviously I'll go into labor sooner or later since I'm at the end. Waiting is the hardest part I think. But good luck :)
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 7:44 PM on Jul. 12, 2011