Can a 5 year old have their own hotel room?

She's a very active sleeper and I'm a very light sleeper. Plus in the past she's refused to sleep in her own bed. I'd get an adjoining room.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:41 PM on Jul. 12, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• ONLY if you kept the adjoining door open at all times to monitor her and made sure that she was safe a secure in there.

But, why wouldn't you just get two queen beds?
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 6:44 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• you'd have to ask the hotel but I would think that you could get two beds not two rooms.....some hotel have family suites that have a room for the parents with a door you can close.
    traren

Answer by traren at 6:44 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I would really have to say NO. That doesn't sound safe. And, I worked in the hotel industry for 5 years, and generally unless the child is over 16... then we would not allow them to have a room by themselves.
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 6:45 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Either you should get a room with two beds or upgrade to a larger room that is like a mini apartment you know with a common area & two bedrooms off of that? I dont understand why you are considering putting her into her own hotel room though at 5yo, so what if you dont get a whole heck of a lot of sleep for night as long as shes safe & putting her into her own room isnt safe unless it is an attached door & you kept it open.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 6:46 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Uhh... no? No! What if she decided to "escape?"

This ranks up there on my Most Ridiculous Questions list.

Put her on a cot next to you if you don't want to sleep with her.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 6:59 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I would book one of those suite rooms that have a pull out sofa,, do you know how many times i have been "walked in" on while in my own grown up hotel room,,, I would say NO WAY!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 7:05 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I wouldn't unless it was an adjoining room with the door open, then I don't see why not. It would be no different than having separate bedrooms at home as long as you could both get to each other.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 7:07 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• NO! no, no, no! not adjoining with the door open, just NO.
    mubbie

Answer by mubbie at 7:11 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• How 'bout NO!

seriously?
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 8:09 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• See if you can find a suites hotel. I don't think it would be safe if she had her own room - even if it was adjoining.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 9:41 PM on Jul. 12, 2011