I'm looking for some good games to have at my daughter's baby shower. More importantly, ideas for gifts. I've been told that guest who win a game get a gift to give to the expectant mother and then told it should be a gift to take home. Which is it??

nspirit

Asked by nspirit at 6:48 PM on Jul. 12, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I think a gift to take home. At my baby shower, we had boys there also. My mom had this hilarious game. She blindfolded the babys dad, and his dad. His dad had to feed him a spoonful of baby food, and he had to guess what it is! It was so funny! Baby food was evverywhere!!! LOL
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 6:51 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Any time I've done games at a baby shower the gifts ppl won they kept. It wasnt anything huge just cute things like sunglasses, cute bag/purse, $5 giftcard/cash, etc Good place to grab cute things would be xmas tree shop or target dollar zone.

Games:
    -Smear choc candy bars into diapers (melt a bit) then hand around for everyone to smell & see have the all guess which kind it is & they write it down on a piece of paper (sit in circle & pass around) the one(s) with the most answers wins
    -Guess moms belly size whoever is closet wins
    -Put sevearl baby items into a box show the box to the ladies & its contents for so many mins then cover up box & give ladies so many mins to write down as many things as they remember that were in the box one with the most correct items wins
    -Do a game with celebrity babies like guess how many kids this celebrity has, or what are the names of this celebrity etc
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 6:53 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Any shower Ive ever been to or held for someone the game winner took the prize home. Gift idea's that went over well and was not overly expensive was potted herbs or potted plants, purse sized lotions and hand sanitizers from bath/bodyworks,

Games: Guess the baby pictures: Ask for everyone to bring there own baby photo prior to the baby shower. Have all the pictures in a collage and make lines for people to fill in who they think the babies are out of the girls at the baby shower. If most women don't know each other, just have the pictures of the mother, mother-in-law, sisters, and mommy-to-be. See how many people guess right. You can make copies of the baby picture collage to see how many can guess right!

mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 7:23 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• CONT ~

How Many Baby Items Can You Name: (Materials- pad of paper and pen for each woman). Have each woman write down as many baby products as they can name (bottle, blanket, pacifier, etc) within 5 minutes. Sure it is easy at the beginning, but towards the last few minutes, the women will start racking their brains for more :) Give a prize to the woman who gets the most baby products named!

Dress The Baby (Materials: Baby dolls, onsies, diapers, socks, shoes, shirt and pants for each baby doll and stopwatch) - Have each guest blind folded and if you really want to make it hard have them put gloves on to see who can dress the baby doll within 1 minute. If there is many guest break them up into groups with several dolls.
    mistynights234

• At my baby shower my mom had prizes that the winners took home. They were things like candles, lotion, a bottle of wine (my family is huge on wine lol). She had games where people guessed how many pieces of toilet paper fit around my belly, a tray of baby things every had to memorize then write down what they remembered, guess how many pieces of candy were in a bottle. My step mom had a few games where you had to write down names of tv show characters, finish lines to famous lullabies, match baby name meanings and just for fun she had a mad lib game, which was really funny.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 7:55 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Something for a keepsake for mommy would be to have everyone do a scrapbook page for the baby "We Wish For You" is what I've heard it called. Anyway you take the baby's name, say Layla, and for each letter you make a wish for the baby: (L- lots of laughter, A- abundant love, Y- years of happiness, L- Long roadtrips with friends, A- always healthy).

And as for the prizes it can be done either way, for my son my mom did it where they gave me their prizes and they were mostly teethers and things like that for the baby. (you could do that then have a 'goodie' bag for everyone to take home?)
    MommyYeoman

Answer by MommyYeoman at 8:23 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Take home.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 8:59 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• it should be a gift to take home
    arayal44

Answer by arayal44 at 11:31 AM on Jul. 13, 2011