HELP!

I am having a hard time explaining this to my husband (we are newlyweds btw) and I'm not sure anyway. But lately, he's playing video games, my daughter is in her room watching tv and I'm running around like a chicken with its head cut off cleaning, doing laundry, going to the store, and changing diapers and whatever else you can think of. I've been feeling liek this for a week or so. It's like we got into a routine that I HATE. He could tell something was wrong a few minutes ago and I just said like I don't like that Addy (our DD) is always watching tv and you are playing video games all day and I'm the one doing everything. He was like well I can help clean and stuff. uhmm....it's not even about that. I mean yeah maybe a little. I guess I just get irritated that while I'm keeping the house tidy they are sitting in with their face stuck in the tv. I want to spend time with them. I don't even watch tv anymore! I almost want to unplug everything bc it's so annoying.

I don't know exactly what it is....the not so much help, tv addiction, or the stupid routine we are in!? I'm confused myself and I don't know how to explain it to him. It's his day off and I'd like to spend time with him doing whatever and I can't =/

What do I do or say to help him understand?

Btw he's not an asshole or anything. I know we are all adjusting to being married and living together. But I can't stand the way things are going!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:53 PM on Jul. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• sorry but he don't sound like one. he sounds just like mine. :) but i know how you feel. i made a picnic lunch and we went to the park thats just down the road from us. or sometimes (back when gas didn't cost so much) we would go for what we called an adventure. we all pilled into the van and just drove for hours. we would end up in the next county and stop at a fast food place and then take it to the closest park we had found and enjoyed just being together. hope this helps. but i too am a house wife and it does get lonely being in the house all day everyday.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 7:00 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• cancel cable...I did. great decision for our family!
    mubbie

Answer by mubbie at 7:08 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Speak your mind to him, preferably in private. And ask for help when you need it. You deserve help around the house, and you deserve to have fun with your family, not breaking your back with no help.
    bellejesse

Answer by bellejesse at 7:23 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Pick one or two nights a week that are electronic free nights! No phones, no internet, no tv,! Play board games, read books, go for a walk, have dinner with everyone seated at the table, draw with sidewalk chalk, make cookies, whatever... but EVERYONE participates in the activity.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 8:03 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Put the clothes basket in his lap.... turn off the tv..... hand him a dust rag.... get the vacuum out and place between him and tv....
    He'll get the hint!
    He can clean just as good as anyone else.... they are trainable that way.

I was lucky.... my husband was on his own most of adult life and had to do all those things for himself.
    MrsDAP

Answer by MrsDAP at 8:10 PM on Jul. 12, 2011