so i have this nieghbor kid that...

will give my kids stuff like toys and she found out that my son got a airgun so she gave him the little pellet balls WHICH was nice of her but then a few days later if one of my kids make her mad, she will come back and take everything she gave to my kids back! i think the best way to handle this is to tell my kids they shouldnt accepts gifts from her anymore.

does anyone have one of these kinds of people in thier life?

americansugar80

Asked by americansugar80 at 3:10 PM on Dec. 17, 2008 in General Parenting

• I would just tell my children to say thank you but no thank you & if she calls & ask why just tell her that the way the economy is right now your teaching your kids they can't get everything they want & THAT SHE SHOULD KEEP HER NICE THINGS FOR HER  lol LITTLE WHITE LIE BUT IT WOULD KEEP THE PEACE IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD :)

tntornado45

Answer by tntornado45 at 6:30 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Thats emotional manipulation and sadly shes likely learning that from home. Next time she tries to take something Id say no thats their property now and I will call the police bc youre stealing. I bet that stops her little indian giving ways.

Answer by gemgem at 3:11 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• That's kids for you. You told your kids the right thing . Don't execpt her gifts.

Answer by louise2 at 3:15 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• How old is the kid?

You've done what you can - your concern is for your children. Teaching her not to do this is her family's job, not yours.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 3:20 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• idk she's older then my kids like 5th grade or so.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 3:30 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I would stop accepting the gifts and I think I would also if you can put a little time and space between her and your kids....bottom line is that is not nice, and she needs to realize that if that is the way she is going to play, then she will not be welcome at your home and I would not allow my kids to play with her....
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 4:09 PM on Dec. 17, 2008