My Fears get the best of me

My daughter is 2 and i have a problem with her sleeping in her own rm. We have a one story home and my hubby works overnights. I can barely sleep when he's not there. My concern is my kid getting to old to be in a toddler bed beside my bed. I watch tv a lot and have fears that someone will come through her window and take her. I have 2 dogs and alarms on windows plus doors. I only let her sleep in there during the day.I'm I tripping? Give me some advice. If you have to be harsh and tell me to get the hell over that, thats fine too.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:11 PM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• you know what i had the same problem. my son 2 and i'm afraid of sleeping by himself. especially since my husband works the night shift. but he sleeps better in his own room and i know he's safe. as long as the windows are locked the alarm set and the dogs sleep in her room. there's nothing more you can do. She's growing up, and she need to be in her own room. you dont want her to be 8yrs old and still sleeping with you. then she'll never become independent. But your right in this day in age its hard.
    CubanFIre

Answer by CubanFIre at 3:17 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• You might be having some inexplainable anxiety. is that the only things your worrying about?? Seriously I have suffered for many years with these TYPES of thoughts and it doesnt help when your child enters your jmind. The last thing you want is for something to happen to her. See if you can get on some anti anxiety meds. I am on zoloft and it helps me focus on "important rational" things. And obviously you arent "thinking that out rationally" b/c you asked the question. Good Luck!!
    Anonymous

• I am exactly the same way only my FH doesnt work overnight.. but were on the first floor and we live in the city. I would much rather have to deal with trying to get my daughter to sleep in her room later on than stress about what shes doing in her room now. So the toddler bed in your room I think is fine. Its better than her sleeping in your bed.. But as long as you have alarms in your house and dogs, i think you should be fine.
    OliviasMommy614

Answer by OliviasMommy614 at 7:07 PM on Dec. 17, 2008