Wishing I had gotten it on video

My neighbors dogs (2 pit bulls) have broken the privacy fence that divides out backyards and now come into my yard whenever they want. Yesterday I heard the dog barking at my back door and went to shoo him away but the owner was already in my yard (without asking) trying to catch the unruly mutt, who just ran in circles around her. She then grabbed a kitten from her yard and literally dangled it in front of the dog, daring it to charge so she could grab it's collar. I have already called SPCA 3 times because of these animals and am wondering if I should call again just to tell them what I saw. I'm not the only person in our neighborhood who has called or had issues with these people.

LadybugTash

Asked by LadybugTash at 7:12 PM on Jul. 12, 2011 in Pets

• Since other people have issues with this persons dog,I would get them to write out what they saw.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 8:25 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Yes I would call again and tell them exactly what you saw. Thats horrible to do such a thing, she should have just gotten some food to temp the dog into the yard.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 7:15 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• The dogs themselves are dangerous; I'd call everytime they got out of their yard.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:24 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Trust me if I could booby trap the fence so once they're in my yard they couldn't get out I would. Then I could call SPCA and have them picked up. They've been warned several times now and have been fined for when the dog tried to attack me on my own front porch.

LadybugTash

Comment by LadybugTash (original poster) at 7:28 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• meooma, the BREED is not dangerous. Individual dogs may be dangerous, but only because of piss poor owners.

LadybugTash, I would call the cops and report a dog that is loose. If these people have a history of their dogs roaming the neighborhood, Animal Control can, and will, take custody of the dogs. From there the owners may or may not be able to get their dogs back.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 7:53 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Pit bulls are illegal to have in Miami. I would keep reporting the loose dogs.

Answer by older at 7:56 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• The last time I talked to the SPCA officer he said that if there was another issue he would take it straight to a judge. I just don't want to call and not have any evidence to show them. I am also hesitant because I know that I get their dogs taken it's going to cause more problems with the neighbors. They have harassed me and threatened my dog and I refuse to go in the front yard without my husband or someone with me.

LadybugTash

Comment by LadybugTash (original poster) at 7:57 PM on Jul. 12, 2011