Do you think a woman president could clean up this big ol' mess with our nations debt?

If so which woman do you think would do the best job? It could be someone funny like Roseanne or someone serious like Hilary.

I say my mom because she can feed 10 people with a lb of hamburger meat, a box of mac and cheese, bell pepper and an onion, and a can of diced tomatoes. LOL

luvmygrlz

Asked by luvmygrlz at 7:14 PM on Jul. 12, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Anyone who has run a household or business on a shrinking budget could do it. Unfortunately that doesn't apply to the lawyers and trust fund babies who have been trying for the job the past decade or so - men or women.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:31 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I think a woman president could do a good job at everything...but there is nobody running at this point that I would support, unfortunately.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 9:07 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Of course a woman could do the job. I can think of a dozen women here on cafemom that would fit the bill. Of course my dog could do a better job than the current big chair warmer.

I like Bachman as well. It is too bad people don't bother to actually research her. She is sharp. Her social ideas mean nothing when they are tempered by the Congress and the Senate and last I checked she is entitled to her own social ideals.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 9:52 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• It would be hard to imagine they could do any worse; and we owe it to this country to give a woman president a chance.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:23 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I think a man or a women could bring us out of this debt it simply boils down to some common sense, smart thinking & the right person for the job. I'm not sure who exactly could/would do the job right but I also havent been looking at people with the thought of them being a good president. Maybe Bill O'reily just bc he takes no BS & usually makes a lot of sense hahahaha
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 7:26 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I do not think gender matters-

In order for our problems to be fixed, deep spending cuts in conjunction with healthy revenue shifts need to be made. EVERYONE would need to feel the pain of the solution. Unfortunately, NO ONE appears to want their piece of the pie cut : young, old, rich, poor, government, military, public or private sector- everyone complains and attempts to justify why they can not possibly be affected. Either you're willing to solve the problem by being part of the solution or you're not. If you're not, no use complaining about the situation or continued spiral.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 7:36 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Michelle Bachmann, but her gender means nothing.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 7:55 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Carpy, MB appears to be too focused on social rather than economic issues. In addition, she and her family have been willing to be part of the "takers", yet she complains about others doing the same. She is no better than what we have now-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 8:00 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• It would not only have to be a woman president, but a female congress too! And I dont know if a bunch of women could get together & agree on anything! Just look at this section on any given day here on CM! -lol :p I think Edith Bunker (All in the Family) would make a great president! She's sweet, sensitive & knew how to run that household!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:04 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Actually I have listened to her, and thus my opinion.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 8:20 PM on Jul. 12, 2011