Losing weight while pregnant

From my visit last week (Tuesday) to my visit today (Tuesday) so exactly one week, I've lost 2 lbs. I'm 39 weeks today. Is this normal this late in pregnancy? Any one else lose weight this late? I eat like a pig. Yesterday I ate a bowl of cereal for breakfast, 2 tuna melts for lunch, about an hour later something else for a 2nd lunch, then another bowl of cereal and then dinner and a snack before bed. I usually eat that way everyday. So its not like I dont eat.

SMG1120

Asked by SMG1120 at 7:37 PM on Jul. 12, 2011 in Pregnancy

• If the doctor said that there isn't anything to be concerned about then I don't think it's a problem. I would try to eat smaller meals frequently then to eat a heavy meal for lunch and dinner. Try to eat a piece of fruit for every snack in between your meals. Gotta think of baby. Good Luck.
    Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 7:40 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• As long as your check-ups are fine, you shouldn't worry, every body is different... Talk to your doctor about it, never think a questions is too simple or too complicated
    Good Luck!
    alrd

Answer by alrd at 7:41 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• They said its nothing to worry about and I'm not worried I was just curious if anyone else has had this happen this late in pregnancy. I've only gained 11 lbs total since the beginning but now I guess its only 9 lbs since I've lost 2 lbs lol
    SMG1120

Comment by SMG1120 (original poster) at 7:50 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Yes, it is normal to lose a little weight at the end of pregnancy. They actually say that if a baby is overdue it too can lose a little weight. That is one of the reasons for inducing when your past your due date.
    e_room_steph

Answer by e_room_steph at 8:12 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Your weight can fluctuate up to two pounds per day. Maybe last week you were a little constipated? I only gained like four pounds in my whole third trimester.. And I think losing a bit due to bowel movements before you have the baby is common.
    Flippindadaisie

Answer by Flippindadaisie at 6:06 PM on Jul. 14, 2011