Did you cry..

when your child first started preschool?

MsPhyllis1985

Asked by MsPhyllis1985 at 7:54 PM on Jul. 12, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I cried for my daughters first day of daycare and she was totally ok with being there
    M2B427

Answer by M2B427 at 7:55 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Mine never went to preschool- but when they went to kindergarten It was the happiest day ever! No crying from THIS mom
    * I never had babysitters at all when my kids were little so I was very very happy to see them go to school when the time came
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 7:56 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• my dd's didn't/don't go to preschool. My oldest just started kindergarden last fall and I almost cried, but I didn't. I thought for sure I was going to. But when she graduated from kindergarden in June I got tairy eyed.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 8:24 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• She was about 2.5 and her best friend (brother) stepped on the school bus for his first day of Kindergarten. She's now 4 and will be starting preschool in the fall. He'll be starting 2nd grade in the fall as well. Like charlotsometimes I'm with my kids 100% of the time so I'm actually looking forward to having no kids at home.

Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 8:27 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I never had babysitters either. I am with my kids 24/7 seriously I might get a sitter once a year and that is to go out for our anniversary thats it. And I still cried when she went to school. I have been a sahm since I was 7 months pregnant with my first. And I still almost cried when my dd started school and even at birthdays every birthday I get tairy eyed lol
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 8:28 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I cried at all of their big firsts. Even the first day of HS.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 8:29 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• so I'm horrible for being happy for some sort of babysitter? whatever... it was only a couple hours a day and I took them and picked them up and was with them every minute they weren't in school for the most part. My mom never watched them for me and his mom was in another state so YES I was a happy camper :)
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 8:33 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• My daughter starts preschool in September...I'm sure I will cry like a baby! lol
    MommyofTwo331

Answer by MommyofTwo331 at 10:26 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• No, I was glad that they felt ok for me to leave
    Amr515

Answer by Amr515 at 11:34 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• lmbo Rosehawk that's cute!
    I dont' necessairly cry but have a moment of is this really happening, have they grown this much already?
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 11:41 PM on Jul. 12, 2011