what items does your toddler eat?

My daughter loves finger foods. What healthy foods can you suggest for breakfast and dinner. Especially veggies.

njmom1018

Asked by njmom1018 at 3:22 PM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My dd eats jello with fruit at the bottom, carrots, celery with peanut butter, cottage cheese, string cheese, chicken nuggets sometimes for snack, apples cut up, oranges. She likes yogurt too so sometimes she gets that & fruits cut up like bananas, apples and oranges for breakfast.

Answer by gemgem at 3:27 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• My dd loves waffles w frozen blue berries!! She likes broccli and ranch, and coli flower.. Frozen peaches!! She does not dis like much..
    whoops2

Answer by whoops2 at 3:28 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• my kids eat what we do.
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 4:08 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• My son loves apples and I let him try cantalope and pineapple, he really liked the pineapple. We do the blueberry waffles and also some raisin bread. He likes green beans and if we give him ranch or ketchup he will try anything.
    Aidansmom2728

Answer by Aidansmom2728 at 4:47 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Remember that if your little Lady hasn't cut a full set of back molars, then she isn't able to chew whole foods yet. Front teeth are for pulling food, but the back are needed to grind and chew the food so that the stomach doesn't have to do all the work. In fact, the stomach won't. When chunks of food are pushed into the gut, the stomach will work very very hard, adding as much acid as possible, which can cause tummy upset, gas, etc. Then the food is passed into the colon, whose job is to absorb the liquid so that the body will benefit and grow healthy. When the colon is unable to absorb the chunks, it passes them out and the body didn't receive any help at all. This also disrupts the colon. Foods like french fries, fast foods, pizza, and general snack junk foods won't help a fast growing body be its best, not to mention the brain. :)
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 7:05 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• For breakfast I would continue to blend her baby rice cereal, cooked fruit and a banana along with a whole egg (only after she is 1 year.) For lunch and dinner, blend a good protein like chick, beef, liver, lamb, etc. along with yellow veggies for one meal and green for the other, including a cooked fruit (like applesauce) and again, a whole banana and then also add a bit of rice cereal for her starch. You can offer a toast after her meals so that she can sit with the family (after her meal) and enjoy the talk around the table. :) Be sure and offer her sippy cups of water all day long. You'll find that this will help her body when its time for her to begin potty training in the future. :)
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 7:09 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Our kids eat what we eat, too....and have since they were 9 months. (I have a new 2 year old, a very soon to be 3 year old and a 4 year old) Just cut it up into appropriate sized pieces.

Breakfasts: cereals (they love Cheerios, golden grahams, Kix, etc), poptarts (once in a while) pancakes, waffles, french toast, instant (flavored) oatmeals and fruit along with

Lunches: left overs, sandwiches (peanut butter and jelly is a favorite,, also lunchmeats) cheese, crackers, fruit, soup and grilled cheese, spaghettios once in a while

Supper: whatever we have..pork, beef, chicken or turkey, pasta potatoes or rice, vegetables (green beans, corn, peas, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower) fruit, etc....

TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:25 AM on Dec. 18, 2008