Is your teen a cell-phone addict?

Gosh - my 17 year old daughter is glued to her cell phone! I can't get her to just sit and watch a movie with me w/o her making texts every 2 minutes. It's starting to drive me crazy! I'm getting tired of her lack of attention.
Do any of you have this issue? How do you deal with it?

isismoon3

Asked by isismoon3 at 8:02 PM on Jul. 12, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

Level 66 (1,275,470 Credits)
  • One of my daughters IS addicted to her cell phone, the other two are not. My oldest daughter (23) got a cell phone when she was 15 and you couldn't block text messaging back then as it just came out. She's a mess.
    So, you learn from the oldest and my two younger daughters ..now 19 and 18 were not allowed to have text messaging until they graduated from high school. My 19 yr old daughter waited over 6 months after graduation before she decided on getting text. Mostly because she was sick of being around friends who text all the time. My 18 yr old..just graduated and just got text. neither of them are addicted, but it has changed some since they got it. I wish I could encourage parents to refrain from giving their kids text msging until they are older. the consequences will be greater as we watch this generation unfold. She's not 18 block the txting and internet.
    momma-t42

Answer by momma-t42 at 4:45 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I have a 16 yr old daughter that is more worried about getting her two summer courses completed so she can graduate a year early than she is her cell phone.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:06 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Not at all but I have a 15 yr old boy that has no discovered girls yet. I am sure it will change when that happens.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:06 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Yes and no.. But hell, I am too.. I need CPA instead of AA :)
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:04 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Shoot, my oldest isn't even a teen and is addicted to cell phones - no, she does not have one, but she's constantly sneaking mine & DH's, both our current ones and our old ones! She's never going to have a cell phone of her own at the rate she's already trying >:/
    Anonymous