Do you ever worry?

Do you ever worry that you are so into your kids and what is going on with them that once you actually have time for yourself kid stuff is all you will know?
I have 5 kids from 23 on down to 2. I have been a SAHM and then taught preschool for 13 yrs. About 3 yrs ago I took a job as the office manager of a local contractor. This job is the only thing that keeps me feeling sane...not that I don't come to work singing a Backyardagains song lol. But did you ever feel like you are so up to your eyeballs in kid stuff you are not capable of carrying on an adult conversation...unless it is about the intrapersonal and interpersonal dynamics they learn on Franklin?

salexander

Asked by salexander at 3:24 PM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Just for Fun

• No LOL. I have friends and family and have adult contact all day even though I am a sahm. I hang out with other moms, do little league stuff, pta etc so theres always adults around to talk to, and it just happens they enjoy the same things I do.

Answer by gemgem at 3:29 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I never worried about that, but I did worry about losing my job skills. Fortunately I found a different job when the children were all in school.
    I read a lot when the children were small, and we took them to museums and other outings and read to them.

Answer by Bmat at 3:30 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Ya know, I do feel like this sometimes. I am a SAHM, exclusive breestfeeder, and everything that pretty much a green mom would be. I love my daughter more than anything, I worry about everything that she does. But I am the primary caregiver for her, my husband works and sleeps. I change the diapers, and make the dinner, feed Madi, and love every minute of it, but sometimes I feel like if I hear ONE MORE Backyardigans song, my head will explode. So I can completely understand how you feel.
    Anonymous

• Nope, not at all.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 5:12 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Im a sahm but im also PTA vice pres,very involved in my kids school.Talk to adults alot throughout my day & my SO & i always have adult conversations when we are together.Plus i have a couple boards i go on & chat with other moms & I IM my mom quite often.Sometimes i feel like i never have me time to be alone because the kids need this or that or we need to go shopping.It seems like its 1 thing or another but i dont feel like i lack adult conversation.If anything,i get tired of talking to them..lol
    cheekymonster

Answer by cheekymonster at 5:59 PM on Dec. 17, 2008