How to deal with all day 'morning sickness'?

I'm 11 weeks pregnant with my third child. This time around the morning sickness is all day long and twice as bad than with my last two. I also have major aversions to certain foods ie. garlic, pizza, onions, and anything berry sweet. How do you get through it?

e_room_steph

Asked by e_room_steph at 8:07 PM on Jul. 12, 2011 in Pregnancy

• The term "morning sickness" is a big fat lie. It was a term made up by some sick minded dumbass man trying to shut his wife up. Unfortunately there's not much you can do except eat saltines and ginger ale and chicken soup. I hope you feel better.
    Razzle_Dazzle1

Answer by Razzle_Dazzle1 at 8:11 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Ask your doc for Zofran, it works wonders. I was prescribed it with DD because I was so sick for the first 15 weeks that I couldn't eat anything, it all just came back up.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 8:16 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I am 9 wks and have been feeling nauseated and lightheaded pretty much right from the beginning. I only have thrown up once but it seems the urge to throw up is getting stronger now and everything smells so freaking awful I can't stand it! The only thing that really helps me is laying down as much as I can and eating frequently. I know everything in you doesn't feel like eating but usually helps. Also I have been going swimming and I always feel MUCH better while swimming and have a huge appetite afterward so I can get a good meal down me.
    Azureblue777

Answer by Azureblue777 at 9:11 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• are you my secret twin? I am also 11 weeks pregnant with my third and going through the WORST all day sickness every. I never throw up but I wish I could because I think it might help and I am so sick of being nauseated. I am down to drinking only water (I have tried sips of milk and white soda but it doesn't help at all- it only makes me sicker). I have been eating half meals and a lot of saltines. Tea seems to help- for about 2 or 3 minutes...
    I don't know, I wish I could help because I would be a millionaire if I could come up with the cure:) Good luck! PM me if you want to compare pregnancies over the next few months:)
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 10:40 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I had saltine crackers or pretzels and gingerale.
    B00boo

Answer by B00boo at 8:08 AM on Jul. 14, 2011

• I went through this with all three pregnancies. My first two lasted the whole 9 months. On this one, I discovered Ginger Gravol- seriously a lifesaver. The prescription that the midwives gave me did nothing, but the gravol worked great. Its just pure ginger- you are allowed to take 2 a day.

Good luck... I know it is SO hard to go through. I hope it passes for you quickly!
    MommaRoxanne

Answer by MommaRoxanne at 8:16 AM on Jul. 14, 2011