Living At Home With the Nosey Parents And Sibling :(

How do you KINDLY let your parents and siblings know that you are your childs mother and that you make the important decisions that affect your child!

M2B427

Asked by M2B427 at 8:08 PM on Jul. 12, 2011 in General Parenting

• Move out.
    Anonymous

• They dont want me to leave until i finish my degree...so we will be more financially stable...but even living with them...i pay my own way
    M2B427

Comment by M2B427 (original poster) at 8:11 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• You have to sit down with them adult to adult and talk to them.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:12 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• We can try that again.
    M2B427

Comment by M2B427 (original poster) at 8:17 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• IF that doesn't work, then if you can pay for it, move out. Doesn't matter if you have finished your degree. They are interfering with your raising YOUR child.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:19 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• My sister moved back home with 2 kids after a divorce!!! My parents and her always argued about the kids,she would say "they r my kids"! "I am their mother"! My parents would say " then act like their mother and stop going out till all hours"! There is no easy way,sorry.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 8:20 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I hate to tell you this, but unless they are putting your child in danger, you will probably just have to grin and bear it. Grandparents will always spoil the grandchildren- it's in the grandparent handbook! lol :p And since you are living w/ them, they probably feel like they have even more of a right - not to mention more years of parenting experience. Before you know it, you will graduate & be out on your own. Hang in there :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:22 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Well I dont go out until all hours of the night! I live a pretty regular schedule....wake up take her to daycare go to work pick her up come home do my daily chores(cook dinner blah blah) I am rarely away from my child unless it is to go to work or school! On my days off, its me and baby time.....
    M2B427

Comment by M2B427 (original poster) at 8:24 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• There grandparent handbook sucks lol my dad spoils her rotten....my stepmom will step in while i am displining her so
    M2B427

Comment by M2B427 (original poster) at 8:26 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• OP: Now the stepping in - esp in front of your child - when you are trying to correct her is overstepping. You need to calmly explain that everytime they do that it makes it harder on you as the parent. And if they love & care about you like you know they do, they wouldn't want to cause you any undue stress. You already have your hands full enough. Let them know how much you appreciate their love & support, while you are working your way thru school, but that you would appreciate a united front when it comes to setting some boundaries for your child. Afterall, it takes a village- & you dont want to produce the village idiot! - lol :p Again, best of luck! :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:49 PM on Jul. 12, 2011