I ask my husband about the pictures of his ex gf and he lied and said they were long gone when i know there in his wallet. how do i go about confronting him about them pictures being in his wallet without letting him know i looked?

mrscassidy2010

Asked by mrscassidy2010 at 8:10 PM on Jul. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• OMG... I dont know, but I would be super pissed off! It took me three years to get my s/o to get rid of his pics of his ex. grrr. Im sorry. Maybe you can tell him you were looking to see if he had any cash or looking for something else and came across these... ? Im sorry. Good luck.
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 8:13 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Well, unfortunately, you should have confiscated the pictures, because now that he knows you know, I'm sure he's moved them and you have no proof. I don't know what caused you to snoop in the first place, but unless you're a crazy obsessive snooper in general, you probably snooped because you felt something wasn't right...SO, in that case, I feel that the snooping part of the argument is mute when you find evidence. So, yes you were wrong to snoop, but he is more wrong to be longing after his ex GF. So, I'd just come out and tell you found them.

IF there is a next time, always confiscate the proof, take a picture of it, something, because sadly, men will lie lie lie lie lie lie when confronted, even if they are innocent and not doing anything bad, they tend to lie just to avoid any situation whatsoever. Not all men, but MANY MANY MANY of them. GL
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 8:15 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Ack, sorry "moot" not "mute" lol.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 8:16 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I have photos of my exs and my husband knows about them. No problem.

Why should memories be confiscated? Why shouldn't we be allowed to have a past?
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 8:22 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I wouldnt be ashamed of snooping, and I'd be more than willing to confront him about it. Why don't you want him to know you looked?
    Ashleigh_17

Answer by Ashleigh_17 at 8:22 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I go thru dh's wallet with him looking right at me. lol. We have never really cared about getting in each others wallet or my purse. So the issue with the snooping is kinda foreign to me. But hell to the no would i be ok with pics of his ex in his wallet. He would probably see his wallet on fire in the middle of the stove if i found that shit LOL
    Trinity001

Answer by Trinity001 at 8:24 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• We are all more than welcome to have a past, but in our wallets?? I don't think my DH would like me carrying around pics of my exes in my WALLET. In a shoe box in the closet, no problem...
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 8:39 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Take them out and ripe them up. He wont ask you about them, because he already said they don't exist. How can you get in "trouble" for something that doesn't exist? My husband used to save the pictures because they reminded him of that time in his life. Not his time with her. I told him to bad, today is more important then the past. He understood and let me watch him ripe them all up :D Good luck
    Afrontz

Answer by Afrontz at 9:14 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I dont agree that youre not allowed to snoop. Especially when you think something is wrong. People that arent hiding something, shouldnt be worried about you snooping. And, people that think you "shouldnt be snooping" are usually either hiding something themselves, or naive (sp??) to the fact that people are shady. If it get obcessive....you're 2 years in, never found anything, and still CONSTANTLY snooping...then yeah, you have a problem. But random checks arent wrong. JMO.

mlmkjw

Answer by mlmkjw at 9:18 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Grab his wallet and pull them out in front of him and say "oh really?"
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:56 AM on Jul. 13, 2011