How long should I be on my period before I need to go to the dr.?

Sorry, I know this is gross but I'm going on my 3rd week and it's been VERY heavy and a lot of big clots. Do I need to go see the dr.? I'm beginning to wonder if I'm ever going to stop.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:30 PM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Health

• My youngest daughter has this problem and one time she was very anemic due to the blood loss. She found out she has cysts on her ovaries and the clots are when one bursts. Something you can live with, sometimes very painful and a pain in the butt, dr put her on bc to help control it. So far so good :o)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:21 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Yes, call your doctor today and ask. This really seems too long. It is time, now, to take action and find out about it. Please let us know how it turns out.

Answer by Bmat at 3:32 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• are you on any birth control? i bled for 7 weeks after i had my daughter i also had my tubes tied but it depends on your body you didnt have one for nine months so its making up for it now
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 3:33 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Periods are only supose to last a week. Please go to the doctor.

Answer by louise2 at 3:38 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• sorry thought it was after having a baby yeah you need to call the doc like louise2 said a peroid should only last 1 week
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 3:45 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Yes go! You may have something as simple as fybroids or something more serious...what are you waiting for girl?
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 4:27 PM on Dec. 17, 2008