needed a break

To make this as short as possible, A guy i've been seeing for months now (pretty seriously) We are both in other relationships, just trying to get out as easy as possible (difficult to explain) Anyway we've discussed everything in our lives and our views and hopes and drems all match up perfectly. We've been best friends for a long time, but have since fallen in love and both have clearly stated we will be together no matter what it takes. Well, he's recently (2 days ago) told me he has too much stress in his life right now and needs a break.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:33 PM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Relationships

• He still assures me that "he loves me and wants me and us, that i'm his girl and the only one for him, and that he knows we're meant to be" I know it's only been 2 days but us not talking or seeing each other is really hard, i'm trying to keep myself busy. But i'm curious if u guys think i'm getting blown off, how much time i should give him (even though he said i'd know), and if i should be fighting to keep him in my life?
    Anonymous

• I can only imagine that juggling relationships is difficult.

Perhaps once you are both single and in a better place it will be smoother. Until then, you need to let him work his own life out.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 3:35 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• It sounds like he's just playing you and not planning on leaving the person he is with . You shouldn't be dating someone who is taken. Don't be surprised if you get let down...That's what happens to some people who cheat.
    Anonymous

• I am sorry to hear this. If he says he needs a break, I'd say let him alone. If it were me, I think that once a week, maximum, I might give him a quick call- definitely not a long call- just to say thinking of you and wishing you well, bye. Give him his space. If you had told him that you need a break, you'd respect him more if he let you have it. If you crowd him when he needs room, he might be turned off and consider you a stalker. Good luck with this. I hope that it works out.

Answer by Bmat at 3:38 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Sorry honey. He is playing you. He has no intentions of leaving his other relationship for you. Men are pigs not all of them but the majority of them are. Dont bother to call him or when he does call press ignore. Trust me it is the best thing you can do for yourself. If he wants to be with you like he said hed leave his other relationship and make it work with you.
    aznblond9

Answer by aznblond9 at 3:43 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• It's hard to say because you don't say if you two are married or not. If he is married - possibly the enormity of ending that relationship is hitting him now that the euphoric infatuation in the beginning of your romance is probably fading. Give it time. If the relationship is strong between you two - he'll come through. But pressuring him will backfire. Be kind and sweet when speaking with him. I know this is probably scary. But busy yourself with other things (as you are). Things always have a way of working themselves out.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 3:45 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• He is not married, there are just financial issues and things that we're both trying to take care of before leaving our so's to make things a lot less stressful when we do leave. He's been a very genuine guy this whole relationship. Not once lying to me... even when it hurt. I know he has a lot going on right now as he's finishing the remodel of his house, he owns his own heating/cooling/ nd plumbing business so it's extra busy this time of year, and with christmas coming i know how hectic it gets. But the "break" scares the hell out of me. I don't know if i should be fighting or letting him be?
    Anonymous

• Just let him know that you love him and that you are there for him. But just let him be. It will show him how strong and confident you are in yourself. And by the way - stress can wreak havoc on a man.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 3:59 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Oh he is sooo lying to you, been there and learned my lesson!!! If you two are not both single you should not be trying to get together!! PERIOD!! Take this advice from one naive person to another!!!
    Anonymous

• If a 48 break is freaking you out, that's not a good sign of a stable relationship.
    Anonymous