nick names from other people for your child????

My sons name is Franklynn Randall named after his daddy and his daddys daddy and my grandfather...The 3 greatest men in my life all combined for my son....My mil calls him doodoo and it makes me feel uncomfortable....she jokes about how when he starts school they will ask his name and he will say doodoo....haha i dont think it is funny.....I have made it very clear i wish for him to be called Franklynn my hubby is Frankie so they call my ds little frank and i corect them HIS NAME IS FRANKLYNN.....What you do if some one is changing your childs name?

franklynnsmom

Asked by franklynnsmom at 3:35 PM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my son is called booboo or little jimmy but he knows his real name james as long as you tell him his name i dont see no problem with it
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 3:37 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• So far other people have called him Ky and Zeek. I don't like either one of them. Ky? Umm NO. Zeek? I knew a dog named Zeek once.
    Anonymous

• Hmmm . . . I must agree, I wouldn't want anyone calling my child a pet name for excrement, and I hate when people call their kids stinky.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 3:38 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• i joke around with my daughter when she farts i call her stinky but im only joking her nic names are sissy and lizzy which i really dont care for but my sister calls her that
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 3:40 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Well, I didnt mean it like that. I meant all the time.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 3:44 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Well my baby is 17 months but i have to share the nickname my oldest came up with this morning. She wants to call the baby cheeto cause of her fantastic red hair!! I laughed so hard!!
    ormom1977

Answer by ormom1977 at 3:45 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• My mom has decided she is going to call him "Bubby" for some reason. Who freaking knows why, but I hate it. HATE it. Despise it. It makes me sick when I hear her call him that.
    nichvegas-mommy

Answer by nichvegas-mommy at 3:47 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• My aunt and uncle call my daughter Squeak. I dont mind it. I actually think its cute. I call her pumpkin and little miss. She does know her name though.
    lovemylittle1

Answer by lovemylittle1 at 3:57 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I think normal nick names are okay- ones that go along with the name. but doo doo? seriously. No one should be called that except the stuff that comes out of his diapers! Gee some people are weird. Tell her it sounds like she's calling him poop, and that you don't approve of it. If she argues just start calling her crap-crap.
    Anonymous

• Is this the only issue you have with your MIL or is it just the tip of the iceberg?

You spend more time with him and he will take his cues from you. You can either teach him that Grandma has a silly name for him that shows she loves him very much or you can teach him that Grandma is a nutjob.

It's up to you.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 4:08 PM on Dec. 17, 2008