Where can I find...

inexpensive but nice holiday decorations? DH and I have yet to have a Christmas in our own home, but this year we will be, and we have almost zero for decorations. We have a few family things that were given to us as Christmas gifts, but I am just wondering where I can find some nice decorations for not too much money? We don't have much money, but decorating for Christmas is one of my favorite things about the holidays!

AF4life

Asked by AF4life at 8:25 PM on Jul. 12, 2011 in Holidays

• The Dollar tree if you go just as they ae putting them out u will find nice ones ...or walmart but they can get pricy depending on theme color design
    momand4kids

Answer by momand4kids at 8:27 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• i go to the dollar stores.. :) also home made with kids is cheap and fun and worth it
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 8:28 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Dollar tree like the PP said above. Also go on Better Homes and Gardens, Martha Stewart, and just surf the web for inexpensive/handmade christmas decor. I've seen a ton of ideas floating around on blogs too!
    If you shop after Christmas this year for next years' decorations they'll be SOOO CHEAP. GL! xo
    BeachyBabe

Answer by BeachyBabe at 8:30 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Garage sales, dollor tree, hobby lobby(love that store) ross, thrift stores. craigslist
    B00boo

Answer by B00boo at 9:11 AM on Jul. 19, 2011

• We were going to do the shopping after Christmas this past Christmas, but then we didn't because my mom made me promise we would go visit them for Christmas this coming year. The only reason we won't be doing any traveling is because our next baby is due only a few days after Christmas this year.
    AF4life

Comment by AF4life (original poster) at 8:32 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Definitely The Christmas Tree Shop. They have great things for really cheap. Go the day after Christmas for extra savings for next year!!!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 8:54 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Thrift stores often have a lot near holidays or frankly whenever someone is clearing out their stuff (grin). Garage sales are good and look on craigslist. Some things can be refreshed with a little paint or glue. Depending on your situation you might suggest to anyone wishing to giveyou a gift that you would like ornaments, or candle or other holiday decor. Go to the library and check out a book on how to make ornaments and try you hand at making some together but most of all enjoy the process.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 2:57 AM on Jul. 14, 2011

• garage sales are GREAT as alot of people are ridding themselves of decorations now. I have bought so much stuff from garage sales, and tweeked it all to make it my own. Next is to save your money for the day after Christmas. OH, and starting in August, Hobby lobby begins putting their things out at 50% off. I LOVE hobby lobby decor. you can pick up alot for a little bit of money. But look out, it's addictive. takes me a whole month to set up my Christmas stuff :D
    momma-t42

Answer by momma-t42 at 3:27 PM on Jul. 14, 2011

• I love Hobby Lobby for decor! And they will start running it 40-50% off even now so just start watching and picking up bits and pieces to spread out the cost. This makes me want to go shopping now!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 4:38 PM on Jul. 15, 2011