Jesus' Wife?

A good friend of mine recently mentioned that they though Jesus had been married at some point. Is it true? To whom?

amber710

Asked by amber710 at 3:42 PM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Oh goodness. The whole divenchi (sp?) code crap said Jesus had a baby with Mary Magdalen. I want to do WAY more biblical research before I decide (IF I DO DECIDE) to read the book or watch the movie.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 3:44 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• The DaVinci Code is fictional, not sure if you knew that or not.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 3:54 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• We don't know. It's not in the Bible anywhere. There are theories. I personally believe that he may have. I would see nothing wrong with it if he did.
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 3:54 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• (I've never seen the movie or read the book, so if I'm wrong I apologize) To my understanding, the DaVinci code says he wasn't married to Mary Magdalen. In that case, fornicating is a sin, and Jesus was pure and free of sins, and that is how he was able to die for OUR sins. AND even if he WERE married, it doesn't mention him being married in the bible after the missing years. In that case, he couldn't have gotten a divorce, cause that's a sin too.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 4:03 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Once again, Jesus is the only one who has NEVER sinned, therefore, he couldn't have done these sinful things.
    Now then, as to whether it is fictional or not, I don't really know much about it, but I don't see how it could be factual when compared to the facts we KNOW are true, such as JEsus being pure and sin free. I am curious in the DaVinci code stuff, but I don't believe it. A good thing to do, is sit down with your pastor (or whatever you have) and talk about things with him. If your like me, there is MUCH about the bible you don't know that he/she can help you with.
    navy-wife

• No Jesus was never married.

Answer by gemgem at 4:04 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Jesus was never married.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 4:05 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Jesus was married and had children it is in the bible it was not stated as married but, he had many many women that followed him and those that called him master (which is like husband back then).

and having sex is not a sin unless it is done in the wrong way ie. as in having an affair or having sex before marriage.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 4:13 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• No becuase he knew he would be sacrificed for our sins. Jeus swas far too responsible to leave a grieving wife and maybe chioldren behind. Besides his whole focus in his last years was to God. Could you imagine as his wife and kids travleing non stop around the country, preaching and putting your lives in danger. I really do not think so.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 4:29 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Jesus was never married.
    purvislets

Answer by purvislets at 4:50 PM on Dec. 17, 2008