Another Jesus rumor....

My friend is trying to tell me that someone found a sample of Jesus Christs DNA. Is it possible? If it is could we clone Jesus (i wouldnt want to: jw)

amber710

Asked by amber710 at 3:44 PM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Even if that was true and we could clone Jesus it wouldn't be Jesus. Jesus was only 1/2 mortal/human...whatever. His clone might look like Jesus looked like, but would not not have the powers that Jesus had, because it would only be a copy and not the SON OF GOD. Would it have a spirt/soul...yes, but again it wouldn't be Jesus Christ. Interesting question though.
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 3:53 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• How on earth could they prove that out of curiousity? You can't prove someone's DNA without the mother and father's DNA, unless you already HAVE a known sample of DNA frmo that person.

I believe in Jesus Christ, but do not believe they'll ever have DNA evidence of Him.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 3:53 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I think whats shes talking about is the discovery of graves that bore the names Jesus, Mary & Joseph that were from the same time period Jesus existed. It was on naked archeology but the archeologist said those names were soooooooooooooo common back then that it isnt their grave but yes they could get dna off the remains there.

Answer by gemgem at 3:56 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• OMG, give me a break.
    Anonymous

• Well Jesus was resurrected so his body wouldn't be here on Earth and I'd doubt they could prove that something was his DNA unless it was right off his body.
    Anonymous

• Just because you "clone" someone, doesn't mean it's the same person. Someone could clone me right now and the clone may look like me, but may be a completely different person.

Besides, how would they even know for sure it was Jesus' DNA? There wouldn't be anything to compare it to.
    purvislets

Answer by purvislets at 4:50 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• We could clone him and find out lol!
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 4:59 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• wow
    aMbeR012005

Answer by aMbeR012005 at 5:06 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• The only way they could get His dna is if the Shroud of Turin is really His burial cloth, but there's no way to definitely prove that one...
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 5:30 PM on Dec. 17, 2008