Have you ever taken a toddler to a movie at the theater?

I want to take my twins (22months) to see winnie the pooh on sunday!

Any advice or suggestions for the best experience?

my biggest concerns are their attention spans and them talking loudly XD and how loud the movie is...

ElsaSalsaaa

Asked by ElsaSalsaaa at 8:34 PM on Jul. 12, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Disaster with my daughter she finally grew out of it when she turned 4. The problem is the other people not the children
    momand4kids

Answer by momand4kids at 8:35 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• It's Winnie the Pooh! The theater will be filled with toddlers. It is perfectly appropriate to bring them. If you have to, you can always leave. Can you take your husband in case on twin cries and the other is good? Good luck.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 8:37 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I took my 9 month old DD to Kung Foo Panda 2...there is tons of kids, and when she got fussy we gave her a bottle, and then she was good. She was loving the movie because it was very colorful.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 8:40 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Go at 10 AM you'll be fine.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 8:46 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• All my kids saw their first movie around 18 months old. They were capable of sitting through a movie at home so I knew they'd be okay. Took along snacks & sippies and didn't have a problem with any of them. If you're unsure of their attention spans and/or being loud, wait until their older so you don't piss other moviegoers off.
    Anonymous

• I have never taken a kid under the age of 3 to the movies wit the exception of the drive-in....
    alotleft2do

Answer by alotleft2do at 10:07 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Good heavens, my 25 month old DD won't even sit through 10 minutes of Blues Clues. I think we'll pass on the movies for now, lol.
    katiemomNY

Answer by katiemomNY at 10:55 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I took my DD when she was 14 months to see Tangled, it was at an on base Army movie theatre with mostly kids, so it was totally ok that she was making noise. She made it about half way, with some yummy snacks and a couple toys. I took her outside for air twice, I would have probably just left but I went with my sister and her 3 kids, so I was kinda stuck. I would say as long as it's a kid movie and you are going during the day don't worry if they are making noise and just being toddlers. Good luck!
    Pamarita

Answer by Pamarita at 10:57 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• They will have a blast! If they are interested in the movie then they will have a good time. They MAY fall asleep and may meet some new friends.
    B00boo

Answer by B00boo at 10:00 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• go to a matinee and have low expectations. Allow for potty breaks, bring snacks, bring another adult to bounce them from lap to lap. Set yourself up to not see the whole movie or waste 20 bucks because your kids hate the dark theatre, but overall they will have a blast.
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 4:28 PM on Jul. 14, 2011