When do you find out the sex of the baby?

this is my first child and im 9 weeks pregnant and wanna know what im having......

proud_mama0215

Asked by proud_mama0215 at 8:55 PM on Jul. 12, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Between 40-43 weeks for me.
    Do you plan to have ultrasounds?
    If so, about halfway through your pregnancy there will likely be an ultrasound, they can see then.

Goo luck!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 8:57 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• **Good** luck!
    LOL

(not "goo")
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 8:58 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Usually at 20 weeks.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 8:58 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• wow 40 weeks? that a long ass time....and i was just asking cuz i was alittle confused. some ppl said 12 to 13 weeks and some said whenever the baby is just sitting right..... thanks yall for answerin....
    proud_mama0215

Comment by proud_mama0215 (original poster) at 9:01 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• The genetalia does not form until 16 weeks, so it is impossible to find out before. doulala said 40-43 because that is the duration of a pregnancy and there is no guarantee before the child is born of what it will be. I was told at 22 weeks I was having a boy - 18 weeks later I gave birth to a girl. Ultrasounds are not always right and cannot be guaranteed.
    Anonymous

• oh, lol
    Well "ultrasounds" weren't mentioned in this post so I answered according to my experiences with my pregnancies ( ultrasound-free).
    If you are planning to choose to have an ultrasound then you'll possibly hear the gender somewhere mid-2nd trimester.
    :-)

doulala

Answer by doulala at 9:51 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• We are going for an ultrasound at 20 weeks to find out the sex of our baby. However, when I was pregnant with my son I had some bleeding around 16 weeks so they did an ultrasound at the hospital to make sure everything was ok and we found out that he was was boy then.
    SDA722

Answer by SDA722 at 9:58 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• i was 16 weeks preg when they told me mine... then again i was in the er.. but most docs do it btwn 18-22 weeks
    Meghan6391

Answer by Meghan6391 at 11:26 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• i heard its 16 weeks but it also says it may be shown on the ultrasound and i cant wait either to find out what im having and im only 6 weeks...
    arayal44

Answer by arayal44 at 11:23 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• 16 weeks is when the genitals are fully formed.... With my son I found out it was a boy at 18 weeks cause he showed us everything at that ultrasound appoinment. I am currently pregnant with our second child, we had an ultrasound at 20 weeks and they said they thought it was a girl but were only 80-90% sure.. We had a 3D ultrasound done at 28 weeks and she is definantly a she. I am 36 weeks pregnant now and the last ultrasound done last week again confirmed it is a girl. So it depends on the weeks preg. u are, if its past the 16 wk mark, and if baby is in the right position.
    angelfromcali21

Answer by angelfromcali21 at 11:29 AM on Jul. 13, 2011