I need a life change!

I need to do something! I am barely making enough money to cover my bills, barely getting enough hours at my fast food job, and I have a Bachelors degree through Phoenix University in Healthcare Administration but can not get a job in the field to save my life! I thought about going back to school for maybe medical assisting or LPN, but do not think I can afford it as I already have 32,000 in student loans that I can not make payments on now. :( What would you suggest...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:59 PM on Jul. 12, 2011 in Money & Work

• Intern your way in! What they're looking for is experience. You might have the piece of paper, but you don't have the experience. Put whatever extra time you have into volunteering/ learning/ resume building and it WILL pay off.
    fireeyes81

Answer by fireeyes81 at 9:01 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I agree with fireeyes.....
    BeachyBabe

Answer by BeachyBabe at 9:03 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Start at an entry level position in a hosp or something or whever it is you would work that job then work your way up.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 9:09 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Have you thought about applying for your career field in a different area? I cant find a job where I live but I applied 2 states away and was called back for interviews within days.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 9:18 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• start with job in a hospital to get through the door...LPN programs are typically short....I think I am going to do that but with your loans I get not wanting to add to that.
    serenityspeaks

Answer by serenityspeaks at 1:27 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Contact me if you are serious & motivated
    1northwestmom

Answer by 1northwestmom at 2:18 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Sadly, Phoenix is not considered to be a "real" school.

I would look for entry level administrative jobs

Answer by rkoloms at 4:58 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Ditto rkoloms response.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 2:59 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I have a really fabulous solution for you..If you want to earn GREAT extra PT cash,. Message me I am helping 2 more people get started nearly free
    Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 7:30 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Well what I suggest is find a home business or job right now and start making money so you can catch up with things and while your doing that you can go to school at the same time so you can see both worlds.I know how it is because I go to school and the job scenes sucked for me as well so i knew i had to find a better opportunity and I did.I belong to a group on Facebook along with mentors and coaches that helps build businesses and teaches you step by step how to succeed so if you want to learn more just add me on Facebook, my email there is slaughter_latisha@yahoo.com
    beauti_ful

Answer by beauti_ful at 12:09 AM on Jul. 14, 2011