• In the Spotlight:

Cramping...

This question isn't for me it's for my best friend. She is 23 weeks and 1 day and is having some cramping. She is the type of person that doesn't like to go to the doctor. I am just wondering if it's normal? This is her second pregnancy but like most of us, she doesn't remember the first one in detail. Any answers will be helpful!

TiffanyReed

Asked by TiffanyReed at 4:09 PM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Pregnancy

• As long as it's like menstrual cramp and not too much strong it's okay... it's the uterus growing :)
    Aubreysmommy124

Answer by Aubreysmommy124 at 4:12 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• where she cramping at?
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 4:13 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• She said it's like a menstrual cramp. She is at work now but you could tell when I saw her that she was very uncomfortable. She was having them last night too. Her stomach was also very tight. She laid down and drank water and they got better. the reason why I am paranoid is with all 3 of her mothers children she had early deliveries. the first was 4 weeks early, the second was 6 weeks and the 3rd was 9 weeks early. Her sister had her DD almost 4 weeks early as well. I am probably just paranoid but she keeps asking me for advice and I don't want to scare her.
    TiffanyReed

Answer by TiffanyReed at 4:21 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• have her call her doc to ask them it could be just braxton hicks
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 4:23 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I just went to the doctor and they confirmed it was contractions. I was told told to drink water and rest as much as possible.
    adwide

Answer by adwide at 4:33 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I had cramps that felt like menstrual cramps, and I was in pre-term labor.,..so she needs to go see her doctor, or call him at least.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 4:45 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• She doesn't like going to the doctor? Well, if it's severe cramping accompanied by vaginal bleeding then be sure she sees a doctor right away. Cramping can mean different things, she should get an ultrasound anyway.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 4:48 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• she should really get some rest, and/ or go home early. This can really put her in harm and her baby too. Especially if she's already had history of early deliveries.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 4:58 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I would guess Braxton Hicks.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 5:15 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Im sorry but who ever said that the cramps were extreme? And I also never said she was bleeding. If she were then she would definetly be at the ER right now! We think they were just Braxton Hicks. They went away and the baby is moving like normal. Thank you all for your answers, they were greatly appreciated.
    TiffanyReed

Answer by TiffanyReed at 1:28 AM on Dec. 18, 2008