How mandatory is flouride?

We have a religious exemption for vaccinations and I have never allowed my daughter to have flouride. For the most part we are homeschooling but we are trying to get her in to home based Head Start in the fall for field trips and stuff. It seems really odd I don't understand why not having flouride would be contagious or mandatory for a 3-4 year old when under 4 years olds aren't supposed to have flouride because they're at risk for flouroses. Any thoughts or ideas? I need help.

simplybionic

Asked by simplybionic at 9:07 PM on Jul. 12, 2011 in Health

• It's not. My children also have a religious exemption for vaccines. And we do not use fluoride or drink tap water (only filtered fresh spring)... There is NO such thing as mandatory fluoride! ZERO states have laws requiring fluoride! IF you are being told that it is, demand to see the law in writing... They can't provide it because it's not there.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:29 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• But who said it was mandatory? It's mandatory for her to be allowed to do field trips? And what do you mean a religious exemption? Your religion prohibits doing vaccinations? This is interesting because I think fluoride is very bad and I am strongly debating whether or not I should vaccinate my daughter who will be born in approx. 4 weeks. Please answer me as I would like to know more.
    bianca2422

Answer by bianca2422 at 9:11 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Wait a minute .... Head Start requires fluoridation of your children??? Seriously?!?!?!
    -Eilish-

Answer by -Eilish- at 9:23 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• In my 17 years as a parent, I have never heard of mandatory flouride. Of course, all the places I've lived have had flouride in the tap water.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 9:27 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• It's on the Head Start paper work . . . yes I'm aware of there being flouride in tap water but theres a difference between drinking the water you have access to and deliberately going out of your way to put flouride into your body. I live in Illinois where there is no philosphical exemptions for vaccinations check with your state laws. The group Educate before you Vaccinate is a very neutral and well versed group on the topic.
    simplybionic

Comment by simplybionic (original poster) at 11:14 AM on Jul. 14, 2011

• to Sabrina - What are your suggestions? How much is actually mandatory at the dental office?
    simplybionic

Comment by simplybionic (original poster) at 12:51 PM on Jul. 14, 2011

• Do they drink tap water? You know a lot of places put fluoride in the city tap...
    Anonymous

• idiots!!!!
    Anonymous